“Excellent Customer Service”

BEST WESTERN Elko Inn
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Elko
“Excellent Customer Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

We checked in on July 5th for a one-night stay. The hotel is only two-stories. The younger lady at the front desk was VERY polite and ready for the night's check-ins with all the room keys and paperwork ready, got to love organization!!!!!

She told us exactly how to get to the room, when breakfast was, how to get to the pool. We had booked an oversized queen room, but it seemed standard size.

Did have an issue with the air-conditioner not working so we called the front desk to see if we needed to be doing something else with the controls. We were met again with the same friendly service and she even offered to change our room. We finally got it figured out (the thermostat hadn't been connected so we had to use the controls on the air conditioner itself).

I will say the only resson I didn't rate this hotel with five stars is that the corridor smelled (reeked, really) of smoke. Since we are non-smokers this did not appeal to us.

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Elko Inn, responded to this review, July 14, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Best Western Elko Inn. We are proud of our staff as they have proven to be very helpful to our guests at checkin and through their stay. We are sorry that the wing your room was in - was in the section where we still have some smoking rooms. We try to deodorize the area as best we can. We apologize to you. We look forward to your return visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

We spent one night here on a road trip. 2 adults, 2 kids. Would recommend it and would stay there again. Large spacious room, nice pool and large jacuzzi (pool was rather cold, but kids still liked it), good breakfast. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful.

Ate at pizza barn, but would not recommend that place. The food is not that good and the place is dirty.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
We are so glad you chose our Jacuzzi suite. Many of our guests who have stayed in one of our Jacuzzi suites are very pleased with it. We look forward to seeing you again! Thanks for staying with us!
Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

The rooms here appear to be renovated, a step up from some older Best Westerns I have encountered. I was surprised at the size, very spacious. The free breakfast was very good, a line for the waffle machine, but doesn't that always happen? Breakfast is open at 4:40 am, a concession to the construction/mining folks who stay there.The fitness center and spa are open 24 hours, a welcome change from most. We don't always get checked in in time to use them, so that was nice. Huge pool and large spa, both indoors.

Room Tip: I would ask to be on the second floor. It also appears that they try to keep the construction\minin...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Elko Inn, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
So many of our guests who visit us for the first time are also pleasantly surprised at our spacious and tastefully appointed rooms that were remodeled in 2010. And one of our best amenities is the Free Hot Breakfast which you discovered. Several of our guests also appreciate the 24 hour pool/spa/fitness center. We are so glad you chose to stay with us and we look forward to your return visit! Staff at the Best Western
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed in Elko at the Best Western on our trip to Canada from California. Elko makes a good stop before turning into Idaho. This is a well kept facility with large rooms. While a little older, it is clean and can be recommended to anyone. After a long drive from Californai, the EXTRA large indoor spa and pool was appriciated. The hot breakfast featured the standard cook your own waffles, processed eggs with cheese, sausages, fruit, ect. Not bad for FREE. A nice feature are the many luggage carriers that you can use to move your bagage from your car. The only negative we found was the internet service which required logon everytime I turned on my computer or iPhone (Maybe I did something incorrect). Internet speed was very fast, once logged on.

Room Tip: Try to get a room near the stairs or elevator so you don't have to walk so far to your room
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
BWElkoGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Elko Inn, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Best Western Elko Inn. We are at the "crossroads" in Northeastern Nevada, conveniently located on the I-80 corridor. You can head south on route 93 from Wells or head north to Twin Falls. Elko provides the perfect stop for people heading out of California, or returning home.

Best Western has changed our requirements for the WIFI. For guest's security, we now have logins and passwords to keep the login secure. Very soon Frontier will be upgrading our bandwidth so that their will be faster speeds for surfing the 'net.

Thanks again for staying with us. We look forward to your return visit!
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

Room was spacious and very clean. The hotel is very accommodating to guests with pets. We were traveling with 2 cats but saw many other dogs and cats in our hallway. No pet odors at all. Pool was refreshing with an outside patio. Breakfast room was attractive and large assortment of breakfast foods.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank LCXY
BWElkoGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Elko Inn, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Thank you for staying with us! It is nice to hear from our guests concerning our efforts to maintain a clean facility. Our committment to deodorizing rooms and hallways is part of that desire to provide the best facility in Elko. One of our "little secrets" is the patio on the north side of the swimming pool. Many of our guests use the grill to cook dinner! And of course, we always provide a FREE hot breakfast in the morning to guests before they hit the road. You discovered it all! Again, thanks for choosing the Best Western Elko Inn. We look forward to your return visit!
Newport, Mon, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

Based on previous reviews we stopped off here en route from Salt Lake City to Carson City. We were welcomed with a bottle of cold water and a cereal bar. Both welcome refreshments after a long, hot drive. The room was spotlessly clean and a good breakfast was provided. Recommended.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so glad that you stayed with us on your way to Carson City. Guests have often remarked how nice it is to have cold water and our signature cookies when they arrive. We are also proud of our housekeepers who work extra hard to make sure the rooms are cleaned. You may not be aware, but we use our new UV Wands to sanitize the phones and the TV remote controls. We want our guests to rest assured that their rooms are as clean as their home! Again, thanks for choosing the Best Western Elko Inn. Be sure to stop back with us on your way home!
Providence, RI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

I made reservations here after reading reviews on TripAdvisor, so I felt it was only fair to write my own review. I have now stayed here twice, and both times have had bad experiences. You would think I would have learned after my first stay, but it's Elko and there just aren't that many pet friendly hotels. Should this place really be one of the top rated hotels in Elko? I don't think so, but then again, maybe the other hotels are worse.

My main problem with this place is that it smells HORRIBLE. Honestly, I don't know what kind of cleaning products/air fresheners they use but the smell is overwhelming. I thought I was going to throw up when I first walked into our room. Running the air-conditioning helps some what but not completely. If you have allergies/are at all sensitive to chemicals do not stay here or you will really regret it.

The second problem is that their pet area (basically the grass around the hotel) is completely infested with fleas. Both times I stayed here with my dog I found fleas/flea bites on her. Sure, I put Frontline on her, so the fleas eventually died, but it's gross to think about how many owners probably do not use this preventative and then bring those fleas back into their rooms with their pets. I have stayed at pet friendly hotels across the country and have NEVER had a problem with fleas like I have at this Best Western. Again, the only word to describe it is gross.

As I said, there aren't a lot of places to stay in Elko. And, to be fair, the actual furnishings in this Best Western are relatively new and nice. The TV has many channels and the internet is free. But if you have a choice, learn from my mistake and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rav4girl
I'm sorry that our cleaning supplies were noticed by your sense of smell. The title of your review "So Smelly" infers a hostile or offensive smell that isn't associated with cleaning or deordorizing. While some people are more sensitive to cleaning supplies than others, I again, am sorry that this affected you.
As to the complaint about fleas, your's is the first comment from any guest regarding fleas. We've never had any complaints about fleas. But we will have our lawn sprayed with a mild insecticide designed to eradicate fleas.
Again my sincere apologies regarding your stay with us.