I stayed here for 3 nights while attending an educational course that was at the Cal-Neva Resort, and recieved a room in 'the cottage" which claims that they all have Lake Views. Well, my lake view, was a small snippet from my bathroom window, in which I really had to look sideways to see. I suppose from the balcony you can see a tiny bit of the lake, but mostly the back of the Casino and trees. I did however have a great view of the pool/jacuzzi. The room itself was simple, but clean. I had cable TV with about 50 different channels, a HUGE walk in closet, that had a rollaway in it, and a private bathroom with a tub/shower combo. You can tell that this place is old. There is no a/c, but who needs it in late September. They have a furnace type heater that you flip the switch on till it gets really hot and dry, then you just turn it off. The cottage is actually a building with about 6 units in each of them, not as one would imagine a seperate unit.
The staff were friendly and helped me exchange my room card key, as I was having trouble opening my room, and also told me to make sure I notify the person at check out to deduct the deposit I had already paid, so I felt that they were concerned about my well-being, and didn't brush me off at all. I thought everyone was very helpful, but they did look tired, as if they need to go take a nap.
The casino was really smoky, and could smell it on my clothes after just walking through to get to the restaurant. The Biltmore Cafe has good food, and great service, although can get really busy on the weekends. I had the opportunity to use their jacuzzi, which was set at a nice HOT temperature, perfect for sore muscles.
This is an economy hotel, so you shouldn't expect The Embassy Suites Hotel. But with each night, I recieved a FREE Breakfast special, which entailed 3 eggs, any style, choice of ham, bacon or sausage, toast, and hashbrowns. This was too much for me to eat, but GREAT that it was free, I only had to pay for my juice and tax/tip. And they serve breakfast all day, so one day I used it for dinner instead. WHAT A DEAL, room and board too!!
In the bathroom the sink did have a continuous run, that I couldn't tighten, but it was not noisy. People tend to be loud coming back from the Casino, both Friday and Saturday nights, and you can hear people walking downstairs, or shutting doors, but overall, I give it a high rating, and would stay here over the Cal-Neva which just exchanged hands, and was even more expensive for older accomodations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a charming property located on the beautiful North Shore of Lake Tahoe. We have two restaurants, a full service casino and 24 hr light life. We are conveniently located within minutes of Northstar Ski Resort and the fun beach community of Kings Beach. We have room types to fit everybody's budget. Choose from our newly upgraded main hotel rooms, suites and deluxe cottages. Or if you are on a budget check out our Crystal Bay Motel or regular cottages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Tahoe Biltmore Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tahoe Biltmore Hotel Crystal Bay
- Biltmore Crystal Bay
- Tahoe Biltmore Crystal Bay
- Tahoe Biltmore Lodge Crystal Bay, Lake Tahoe (Nevada)