“Depressing Place”

Tahoe Biltmore Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Crystal Bay
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stopped here on a business trip to review for Client visit. Very dirty and quite depressing. Dark and gloomy. Service just barely OK and I would NEVER stop here again. Children playing in the lobby at a very late hour

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Kevin C

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Made my reservation a week in advance and was told the main building was full and they would put me across the street in their motel. For the cost of $125 for 2 nights stay well OK. I've been here multiple times through the years and have always enjoyed the lake, gambling, food and relaxing here.
2 days before I arrived I blew out my knee and was limping around. Thinking of canceling I decided to go and hang out and just gamble. Upon check in I told the staff of my bad leg, what did she do? Put me across the street on the top floor with plenty of stairs. I was furious but since she said on a Friday afternoon that they were sold out and this was all she had available. 1 hr later I went back to the front desk and another person was working the desk. She moved me after seeing the situation to a level room. Still a ways from the gambling and food of the Biltmore I found the outside burger shack at the nuggett to be closer to where I had been put. Unable to walk across the street my usual 10+ hours of gambling dropped to nothing this trip. I usually drop 3k per trip. Sunday I had a call from a lady claiming to be the manager rudely saying check out is at 11 when I had asked for a late check out. Construction workers staying up late hours drinking and smoking on balcony until all hours. Drug use predominant in a security less environment.

• Stayed: August 2012
8  Thank Alamoschris
Reviewed June 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Tahoe Biltmore in a hotel room in the main casino building. It was rustic, quaint, clean, and charming. "Clean" is the key word here. It is not chic or hipster by any means. If you are looking for glamour it left with the Rat Pack. You will find clean and secure lodging and a comfortable bed for a price that won't break your budget. The restaurant staff was engaging and the food was spot on for value. It is middle America all the way. We dined well, played in the casino to our advantage, enjoyed good cocktails while playing, and soaked up the non-frantic-historic-Tahoe atmosphere. We both enjoyed ourselves for three nights at the Tahoe Biltmore.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jeanne_Lang
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Just got home from one of the best Italian meals I have had at the Lake. Little known Conrad's in the Tahoe Biltmore Lodge is offering a 3 course Italian meal on Thursday nights for $19.95. Started with the Caesar salad, just the right amount of dressing. I had the chicken parmigiana, tender and perfectly seasoned. Came with side of perfectly cooked speghetti. Clearly Chef Martin has dug out some of the family recipes and has been nice enough to share. The eggplant lasagna had just the right amount of eggplant and was covered with a wonderful meat sauce. If that wasn't enough and delightful piece of Tiramisu
to finish the night. This secret won't last long once the locals start talking.

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank Bob-Moraga
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Where else can you get a room for $30 in Tahoe mid-winter? Clean, LOTS of hot water, and an effective heater. Yes, I miss the fancy bedding of an upscale hotel, but with the money we saved we had an amazing meal across the street at the Crystal Bay Steak and Lobster House (which I HIGHLY recommend).

Room Tip: Cottages are roomy and have walk-in closets (we put the baby's crib in there).
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank offandabout
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Conrads once again knocked the ball out of the park. Food was great, hats off to Chef Martin !!! Go before everyone discovers it.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Bob-Moraga
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed here again this winter, we got a great deal thanks to the season pass we have, this time we choose to stay at a cottage rather than the regular hotel rooms. The cottages are larger with two double beds and a walk-in closet which made the perfect bedroom for our 9 month old son in his pack-n-play...

Room Tip: Choose a cottage...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino
Parkside Inn at Incline
Parkside Inn at Incline
#4 of 5 in Incline Village

Been to Tahoe Biltmore Lodge? Share your experiences!