“Still a good deal”

Tahoe Biltmore Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Crystal Bay
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed here again this winter, we got a great deal thanks to the season pass we have, this time we choose to stay at a cottage rather than the regular hotel rooms. The cottages are larger with two double beds and a walk-in closet which made the perfect bedroom for our 9 month old son in his pack-n-play...

Room Tip: Choose a cottage...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Ausguru
There are newer reviews for Tahoe Biltmore Lodge

Reviewed January 19, 2012

My girlfriend and I stay at the Biltmore a couple times every yr and we couldnt be happier with this place....we do Tahoe often and this is one of our little secrets along with Homewood ski resort, which by the way the Biltmore has a great ski pkg for room and lift ticket.....The place is old yes, but always clean and the best deal $$ wise at the lake.......plus usually some decent entertainment (music) across the st at Crystal Bay Casino.......I recommend this place to all my ski partners and have gotten good feedback for doing so.....The restaurants there are decent with plenty of other places to eat in the area also..............

Room Tip: try to get a 3rd floor room with access to the balcony, especially if your a smoker.....
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Anthony K
Reviewed December 31, 2011

If you like to take a trip to the past then this is the place. My better half and I stay here about threetimes a year. Halloween weekend is a great show if you like to people watch. Spend a little extra for a balcony sweet. Catch a show of anykind up the street at the Sinatra Showroom at the Cal Neva. But the best dinng secret in the Tahoe area is Conrad's at the biltmore. If you like the latest in plastic phoney luxury this might not be your cup of tea, but for real bang for the buck and great return for dollar this is worth a try.

Room Tip: Main hotel suites
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank frank v
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I have frequented this place since I was a teenager. Back in the day it was a great place. They never remodel anything. The lodge out back is unsafe and unclean. Do not take children to stay in the out back motor lodge. If you take children stay in the hotel. In the summer it is very laid back and great place if you like the old machines and they used to have good food. There is not much else for a casino really in that part. I do not know why after all these years they don't clean it up? Ever since it turned into Tahoe Biltmore instead of the Old Cal Neva it has been this way.
I say great for a day out and BOO for a resort or hotel stay.

Room Tip: Always stay inside at the hotel the outside cabins are not safe on a regular basis so you take your...
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank Sazy_Girl
Reviewed October 3, 2011

The Biltmore Casino and Hotel in North Tahoe is a nice little quiet place to stay. The Casino is MUCH smaller than most but has the requisite slots and Table Games that most want. I did not stay or eat there, so I cannot comment on that aspect of the place.

It was a Wednesday I was there and Tables did not open till 10am.

This casino is literally 100' away from the other 2 Casinos in The North Tahoe area.
An interesting fact is that it is situated maybe 200' from the California border. You can see the Cali sign on the road.

Again,If you want a small casino and hotel that is quiet but upscale this is a place for you.

Overall I give the Casino here a grade of "A-"

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank hooglesnorpus
Reviewed August 3, 2011

My friends have been regulars at the Biltmore for years and I finally had the chance to experience it for myself last weekend. What a place! Set just off the shore of stunning Lake Tahoe, the Biltmore is a charmingly rustic dive hotel and casino, offering unbelievably low rates and the perfect location for a crazy weekend getaway with friends. We stayed in one of the cottages outside the main lodge. While the furnishings and provisions are sparse and somewhat outdated, everything was clean and functioned well. The pool was better than most outdoor swimming holes, offering a deep end of 9 feet so you could dive and cannonball to your heart's content! It was too hot for the hot tub during our stay, but during the cooler spring and summer months, it would provide a great relaxing end to a day of blackjack. There is nothing luxurious about this place, and for my weekend, we didn't need it. Great location, great rates, great drinks, GREAT FUN!

Room Tip: If you have pet allergies, be sure to ask to stay in a non-pet room.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank ASonginmyHeart
Reviewed July 31, 2011

A true dump. So called "cottages". With no AC, peeling paint on every surface and upkeep worse than World War 2 barracks. Tried to get dry towels after being inn the pool and was told I had to have ID or leave my phone for collateral. When I said if I call from myroom for towels will they bring me dry towels? Yes, only if I sign a waiver. What??? Stay far far away.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Usmalax
TahoeBiltmore, General Manager at Tahoe Biltmore Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2011

It is common practice at most hotels to leave a deposit for pool towels. We however try to make it easy by only asking for an I.D. as collateral for our pool towels. Also we stock all our rooms with plenty of towels and wash cloths. Lake Tahoe temperatures in August normally drop into the 50's and 60's at night and provide a comfortable sleeping environment, that being said we do offer AC in our Deluxe Cottages as well as evaporative cooling in our main hotel rooms.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Crystal Bay
Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino
Parkside Inn at Incline
Parkside Inn at Incline
#4 of 5 in Incline Village

Been to Tahoe Biltmore Lodge? Share your experiences!