“Excellant Sleep”

Motel 6 Carson City
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Carson City
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Motel 6's are bare bones but I do on occasion need to save some money -- The Carson City Motel 6 is extremely clean -- it has been refurbished in the last couple of years. The staff for check in were efficient and polite. The bed gave me a good nights sleep and the rooms I had were quiet -- I say rooms because I had only planned on one night -- checked out and needed to stay a second night -- the first night I was on the very back of the motel and heard nothing -- the second night was at the very front above the office and I heard a couple of trucks on Hwy 395 around 10 pm but nothing after that.

I did like the fact that they had removed all carpeting and placed a very nice looking vinyl floor down -- it has to be easier to keep clean and certainly looked clean and neat --

Room Tip: I had both a room at the very back and one at the very front -- except for a couple of trucks on Hwy...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Sedonna R, General Manager at Motel 6 Carson City, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Happy to hear you had a great nights sleep and that you enjoyed the new remodel we have done. The beds are all brand new also. The new floors are easier to keep clean compared to carpet. If you ever in this area again please stop by and stay again, we will make sure you get a room in the back away from the hwy.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Well situated to downtown and being pet friendly was a plus. The staff were very helpful and very polite. The room was next to the office and was an outstanding value and was very well equipped and very clean. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

Even though we have remodled we still keep our rates low for our customers. Thank you for the nice review and we hope to see you again if ever in town.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed here overnight with my dog on my way home, in the ground floor room close to the office. Although I arrived pretty late at night (10pm), check-in service was prompt and friendly. The room was basic (think cheap dorm furniture with laminate flooring) but clean and even had a fridge with small freezer and a microwave. Bathroom was also basic but clean and functional. It was quiet (although they didn't have many guests so I don't know what it would be like with a full house) and with two types of locks on the door I didn't have any security worries and got a good night's sleep.

No extra charge for dog - awesome! Small grass strip to walk her on ... I did notice that a few other dog owners had not picked up after their dogs ... Come on people!!!

Nothin' fancy, no breakfast, but just what I needed - and at just under $40.00 a great deal! Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: You can park right outside your door for lower-floor rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lynne A

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us along with your pet, we are pet friendly and do not charge extra for our little furry guests. We do have bags we hand out to our guests for their pets to pick up after them. Hope you can stay with us again. Thank you for your review and hope to see again.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I had housekeeping wake me up at 10:30am on a Saturday. I [sleepily] asked them to come back later, yet they tried to come in anyways (luckily I had the top part locked so they couldn't get ALL the way in). 5 minutes later....yes, 5 minutes...they did the EXACT same thing, this time while I was in the shower, trying to get ready to get the hell out of this hotel. Then as I left the housekeepers just glared at me, as if I was there late.

I will never EVER go back here. If this seems to harsh, just experience it and THEN formulate your opinion.

It didn't help that on their giant Motel 6 sign it said single occupant was $35.99, but I was charged $49 (after taxes).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Corey G
Reviewed October 6, 2012

It is cheap. Pet friendly - Bring your own Potty Bags! PEOPLE PICK UP AFTER YOUR DOGS!!! It was a dog show weekend and most of you know better! You know the rules, but to lazy to clean up. This is why we keep loosing nice hotels to stay at on our trips & dog shows!!

We stayed in a smoke free room that smelled like smoke. Why do they supply ash trays in smoke free rooms??? The beds are horrible, especially if you have back pain. A/C doesn't have vent control, so the cold air blows right on the bed. Had to use the chairs to block it. Needed some air or it would get stuffy and smell like smoke.

Room was clean. Bathroom was clean. No frills! Just your basic motel room with TV. Next time I will stay at one of the more expensive places.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ReneeFavoritePlaces
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Very pleased with this Motel 6. We stayed at $35.99 a night. Motel was very clean and quiet. Nice staff. The area was very safe.
I had left my pillows in the room and when I returned for them later in the day, they were there for me.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This was a basic hotel at a very affordable price. I was in town on a personal trip and need a place to stay last minute. The hotel had a very large and well lit parking lot which was great as I had a U-haul truck and car trailer. My room as parking lot access so I could keep an eye on the lot throughout the night as well. The clerk at the hotel also stated that she would keep an eye out as well. The room was very clean and everything worked. Basic bathroom fixtures but great for just the night. Recommend for a very reasonable, safe and clean stay.

Room Tip: If you have an RV or other large vehicle the large parking lot is a plus.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo