“Nice room but can use a little work”

Days Inn Carson City
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Carson City
Montesano, Washington
“Nice room but can use a little work”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stopped here on my way through from Arizona to Washington and was pleased with the room. It was a little tight for a double queen, and the table that was in the room was somewhat wedged between the bed and the window wall, but we just scooted it out by the TV and it was fine.
As you can see in the photo, the ceiling fan was coming undone. It worked fine but looked like it could drop easily.
The Staff were very pleasant and it was a breeze to book online. I was just riding through so I wasn't real particular about where I stayed. I was happy with this selection and would probably stay again. The price was reasonable and the room was just fine (well, except for the bathroom ceiling fan, of course).
One thing I would have liked is a closet area, rather than having the coat rack in the bathroom area (which can be seen in photo #2.). I think that they had to forego that so an adjoining door could be installed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Traveling home to the Pacific Northwest, we got a room using internet reservations, which reduced the cost of the room. We arrived in April of 2013 and were promptly checked. We had a pet room which was in good condition. The internet was very fast (which always seems to be a problem for me at many hotels). On checkout we were told that management had just changed and we hope they continue on with the improvements. The breakfast was fine and typical. For the price, we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Book your room on the internet for savings.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Was traveling back to California on a road trip and got stuck in Carson City because of snowstorm. We chose to stay because we could use our Wyndham points.

Room were clean and spacious. We had a large room for our family to spread out.
We had no complaints. Kids got to play in snow and warm up in the room.

would stay again...staff was very friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Traveling D
Chris M, Front Desk at Days Inn Carson City, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
I would like to thank you for writing a review and especially such a nice one. I am very glad that you chose us for your hotel stay. It is nice to see that you are a Wyndham Rewards member. I am pleased that you found our hotel to be clean and spacious. In a situation like yours I am glad that something good came of it and your family had fun in the snow. I look forward to your next stay with us and hopefully next time not due to bad weather. Thank you again.

Kind Regards,
Chris M
Valley Springs, California
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Very friendly staff, reasonable rates, rooms are clean and hotel is pet friendly. We stay here every time we visit our grandkids living in Carson City, Nv. and have not had a single complaint.
The hotel has a serve yourself continental breakfast that's a nice added touch.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jerry W
Chris M, Manager at Days Inn Carson City, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review for our hotel. We do appreciate this and are glad that you had a good stay. I am happy that we could be of service to you while you are enjoying time with your grandchildren. Thank you again for your review and for staying with us. I hope you will continue to stay with us and look forward to seeing you next time.

Warm Regards,