“Best padthai I ever had”
Review of The Basil

The Basil
Ranked #1 of 188 Restaurants in Carson City
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Authentic Thai Cuisine in a dining room setting our service staff is here to aid assist your dining pleasure. We offer the freshest food prepared by our wonderful Chef Nan who puts love and attention into every dish.
Reviewed November 11, 2012

The food at Basil is amazing, stop by if you are in Carson City! I sampled many thai places while living in nyc and I think this one wins.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is the best Thai food in Carson. Once inside you would never know you were in Carson City. Staff is so friendly. Food is beyond great. Never had a bad meal. Take the time to introduce yourself to the owner.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

A favorite place. Try the Nevada Rice dish and the coconut soup - yummy as is everything else I've eaten here. Great service, very nice atmosphere.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

From the moment you enter The Basil you see how friendly the staff is. The gentleman who greeted me at the door excused himself to bow to and hug outgoing customers and moments later did the same to incoming guests. He was so friendly and welcoming as he offered seating to me. I told him I saw that The Basil was listed number two on Trip Advisor. He smiled and showed me the decal on the entry door showing they were proud of that fact. The atmosphere was simple Thai, clean and visually pleasing. On each table a glass tabletop covers fresh thick linen in a rich subtle design. My daughter-in-law joined me. She'd eated here several times before and was happy with my choice. We ordered from their lunch menu. The food came out minutes later. It was hot, fresh and the presentation was beautiful. It was so tasty and the spice was just right. The service was attentive. It was fun seeing how many people were obviously return customers by the fond greetings and goodbyes. We will return!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Seven of us ordered 9 different dishes. All were works of art, both visually and in taste. I hope that this become a traditional part of our annual family visit to Tahoe.