“Love the Basil”

The Basil
Ranked #1 of 188 Restaurants in Carson City
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Authentic Thai Cuisine in a dining room setting our service staff is here to aid assist your dining pleasure. We offer the freshest food prepared by our wonderful Chef Nan who puts love and attention into every dish.
Reviewed September 19, 2012

A favorite place. Try the Nevada Rice dish and the coconut soup - yummy as is everything else I've eaten here. Great service, very nice atmosphere.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

From the moment you enter The Basil you see how friendly the staff is. The gentleman who greeted me at the door excused himself to bow to and hug outgoing customers and moments later did the same to incoming guests. He was so friendly and welcoming as he offered seating to me. I told him I saw that The Basil was listed number two on Trip Advisor. He smiled and showed me the decal on the entry door showing they were proud of that fact. The atmosphere was simple Thai, clean and visually pleasing. On each table a glass tabletop covers fresh thick linen in a rich subtle design. My daughter-in-law joined me. She'd eated here several times before and was happy with my choice. We ordered from their lunch menu. The food came out minutes later. It was hot, fresh and the presentation was beautiful. It was so tasty and the spice was just right. The service was attentive. It was fun seeing how many people were obviously return customers by the fond greetings and goodbyes. We will return!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Seven of us ordered 9 different dishes. All were works of art, both visually and in taste. I hope that this become a traditional part of our annual family visit to Tahoe.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I'm not well versed in Thai cusine and the waiter produced two perfect selections for us after a short explanation and a few questions. To top off a perfect dinner we shared the fried banana with homemade coconut ice cream. A splendor to behold and consume. The presentation with the ice cream on a coconut shell with roses made out of ice cream was beautiful and the dessert was delishish and my husband isnt normally keen on coconut. All well priced. If I ever find myself back here I know where I will dine

Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

Wow!!! What a place friendly staff well trained! Amazing food. If you want to know about pricing it's well worth your $$. We had 5 adults and 2 children and our bill was 80.00$ not bad at all we are probably going back in tomorrow night thanks to all at the Basil:)

1  Thank Ty1235