“COMIDA EXCELLENTE !! Aute'ntico... Delicious Fresh Cuisine ! A Gem!”
Review of Villa Basque Cafe

Villa Basque Cafe
Ranked #12 of 186 Restaurants in Carson City
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Description: IMPORTANT information when planning visit: Grill Hours: 6am-3pm Chorizo/Gift Shop Hours: 6am-5pm. We are the proud home of Pete's Famous Basque Chorizo which originated in Battle Mountain, NV in 1984!
New York City, New York
“COMIDA EXCELLENTE !! Aute'ntico... Delicious Fresh Cuisine ! A Gem!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My first visit , but CERTAINLY not my last !! A friend I am staying with In Carson City for a few weeks brought me there after requesting a good breakfast restaurant. Having eaten all over the world, I knew from the outset, this was going to be Special Treat , when I saw the decor, the cook,and displays of homemade chorizo everywhere , aptly displayed and featured. Simple casual surroundings. Stacy was our pleasant, friendly, smiling wait person, which also added to the memory.
The menu is varied and excellent. To start, complimentary tiny chorizo sandwiches with an explanation of how magnificent the" family homemade famous chorizo IS" and it WAS ! I had the Huevos Scrambled eggs breakfast, (Stacy's suggestion on the menu) with OUTSTANDING Pico de Gallo ( loaded with cilantro, fresh tomatoes, onions ) and side of red salsa, and warm fresh corn tortillas, rice and beans. I taught Stacy to say" Tortilla's Maiz Por Favor "? and my friend had a GIANT Burrito smothered in green salsa. BOTH wonderful !
On my Next visit its Lunch and the PAELLA ! I have had it in Madrid 6 times, so the jury is out, but I have a feeling it will be wonderful .
Skip the ' chain restaurants' and come here to this REAL FIND in Carson City if you know what true authentic food is with fresh ingredients and a family atmosphere that adheres to excellent food at great prices.
Breakfast and Lunch Only.
You will thank Me !
Pero un Placer !
PROVECHO !!! Amiga's Y Amigo's !

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Ric C

Carson City, Nevada
“Terrific Food!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We've been patrons of the Villa Basque Deli for more than ten years and we think it's one of the best breakfast places in the area, if not all of northern Nevada! If you like chorizo, this is the spot for you. The meals are well portioned, reasonably priced, and served with a smile. Martha and Pete run a great family-owned restaurant business, and there are also olive oils, as well as the excellent chorizo, available for purchase.

Visited February 2013
Gardnerville, Nevada
“Gotta arrive early.”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The homemade chorizo is wonderful. It is also sold in the deli and online as it is quite popular. Villa Basque is only open for breakfast and lunch and can fill up quickly. I usually try a late breakfast of an early lunch and arrive by 1130a.m. I have tried the paella and basque burrito on multiple trips and if you have never been before get the burrito and make sure you have the gravy on top, superb!

• Visited February 2013
Arlington, Tennessee
“Rico!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Breakfast or lunch you will find great taste. My favorite is anything with Pete's hot link churizo, eggs and churizo or a salad and churizo. Best fresh orange juice in town! This is a small family owned deli with an international flair. You can find tea, olive oil besides churizo to take home with you.

Visited September 2012
Carson City, Nevada
“Hit or Miss”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I'm just not as excited about this place as some of the other reviewers. I do like their lamb sandwich and the mexican offerings are pretty good. I especially like their fresh sausage that you can buy for home. But I find a lack of consistency in the food and the service.

Visited September 2012