“Terrific Food!”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Carson City, Nevada
“Terrific Food!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We've been patrons of the Villa Basque Deli for more than ten years and we think it's one of the best breakfast places in the area, if not all of northern Nevada! If you like chorizo, this is the spot for you. The meals are well portioned, reasonably priced, and served with a smile. Martha and Pete run a great family-owned restaurant business, and there are also olive oils, as well as the excellent chorizo, available for purchase.

Visited February 2013

Gardnerville, Nevada
“Gotta arrive early.”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The homemade chorizo is wonderful. It is also sold in the deli and online as it is quite popular. Villa Basque is only open for breakfast and lunch and can fill up quickly. I usually try a late breakfast of an early lunch and arrive by 1130a.m. I have tried the paella and basque burrito on multiple trips and if you have never been before get the burrito and make sure you have the gravy on top, superb!

• Visited February 2013
Arlington, Tennessee
“Rico!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Breakfast or lunch you will find great taste. My favorite is anything with Pete's hot link churizo, eggs and churizo or a salad and churizo. Best fresh orange juice in town! This is a small family owned deli with an international flair. You can find tea, olive oil besides churizo to take home with you.

Visited September 2012
Carson City, Nevada
“Hit or Miss”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I'm just not as excited about this place as some of the other reviewers. I do like their lamb sandwich and the mexican offerings are pretty good. I especially like their fresh sausage that you can buy for home. But I find a lack of consistency in the food and the service.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank carsonguy
Arlington, Massachusetts
“A must-visit while in Carson City”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

All the rave reviews are true. This is a must-visit for Carson City.

Our server was terrific, really helpful, humoring us as we took our time deciding what to order. She brought us a sample of chorizo on bread, which was delicious. I ordered the lamb dip sandwich with rich broth for dipping, and a little bowl of Basque beans, a bit like chili with meat in a yummy sauce, though not spicy. Portions are enormous.

You can buy the chorizo to take home - fresh or frozen. We were staying with family in town, so I bought a pound of fresh chorizo to grill for an appetizer for a family dinner, and it was a hit. "What is this and where did you get it?" asked the locals, and we were happy to tell them.

There's also a whole wall of goodies to shop - olive oils, vinegars, teas... but this place really is all about the chorizo, perfectly seasoned, not greasy. I wish I'd bought a frozen brick of chorizo to stash in my carry-on the day we flew home.

• Visited August 2012