“UNQUALITY INN”

Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Carson City
Yreka, California
“UNQUALITY INN”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The hotel advertised a refrigerator, when we checked in the fridge was not working. The front desk clerk asked us to turn it up and wait a few hours...we had medicine that needed to be refrigerated... after 2 hours waiting it still didn't work so we asked to be moved to another room or we wanted a refund so we could move to another hotel... She reluctantly refunded the money, however it was a major inconvenience to have moved our things into the room and have to pack up the car and search for another hotel at 11:00 at night The hotel was very dirty and had some very strange people darting in and out of the rooms.... Will never stay at another UNQUALITY INN again.....

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank monsoons2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
Florida
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This hotel is clean enough and very dated. However, I would not have written a bad review over this.

We stayed here in May 2013. I had purchased some polish pottery in Anchorage. It was completely wrapped and sealed. I put the pottery in a cabinet underneath the sink. When we packed and left I forgot to take the pottery with me. I called the hotel within a few hours and the manager told me they had found nothing in our room. I asked him to recheck, he still denied nothing was found. I told him I was completely positive it was there and that he had a thief working for his hotel. He still denied that anything was found.

I have agonized over writing this review, however, i want others to beware. Do not leave anything other than phone chargers or the like as you won't be able to get it back.

We travel for business and this is the absolute first hotel in over five years where I have left belongings..that I have not been able to recover my things.

Beware!

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank srichards39

Travelers are raving about these Carson City hotels

South Aust
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were unable to find accommodation in South Lake Tahoe for the 4th of July, so the next closest was Carson city. Disappointing compared to other Quality Inns. Room smelled stale and needed updating. Air conditioner was noisey. Breakfast was very limited.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Casa Grande, Arizona
Reviewed June 18, 2013

If you want to be disappointed, this is the place to stay ! Spent two nights there in April of 2013 and will never make that mistake again. My 2nd day the room was not cleaned, the bed was not made and no fresh towels, etc. I was told by the front desk that there 22 rooms that housekeeping didn't get done.The toilet wasn't securely bolted down to the floor so it rocked back and forth. As for their "Free Full Breakfast " both juices were very watered down, They had bacon only ( no sausage ) and the 2nd morning at 6:40 they were out of eggs ! The hot and cold faucets were reversed in the bathroom. Do yourself a favor, don't stay here !

Room Tip: Not Here !
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ohmagoo
La Pine
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This was the worst stay at any motel I have ever stayed in. My baby had dirt on her knees and feet from crawling around on the carpet. The bath tub did not work. When we woke up the next day there were ants all over the towels, bath tub, bathroom sink and baby bottles. It was disgusting. I will never recommend this motel to anyone. I am even seeking legal action. The service was horrible when we told the front desk and they did not give us any compensation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank heatherdillon8
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

This is probably the most run down quality Inn I have ever stayed in. The shower might have been clean but it was so stained I did not use it. The staff was nice and the breakfast was fair. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Oregonian14224
Sunland, California, United States
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Family trip to Carson to spend Christmas in snow and visit other family members. We had a wonderful room in a previous Comfort Inn chain hotel the night before and expected the same quality at this hotel. This hotel needs a major upgrade. Old TV, bathroom floors were not level, paint cracking and to top it off we had ants on our last day. I was very disappointed with the quality.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family