“Snail pizza”

Adele's Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Adele's Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 188 Restaurants in Carson City
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We don't dine here very often because of the pricey menu, but we were hosted at dinner recently by some new-found friends. Chef Charlie Abowd always has some interesting menu items, and our friend always has something when she comes here that I would never have imagined - Escargot pizza! It was interesting. The rest of us were not that adventurous. The waitress recited an incredibly long list of specials which included seven different seafood items (amazing, this far from the ocean) as well as lamb, pork and beef specials from some of the best sources in the West. Adele's Special Filet was excellent. The monkfish was good, but a very small portion. The pork chops were generous, which made up for the monkfish. And the escargot pizza was ... unique. The wine list was extensive, but no Kendall-Jackson! What's up, Charlie? The atmosphere was, as usual, very pleasant; the service was good; and the company, as always, made the difference between a meal and a pleasant dining experience.

There are newer reviews for Adele's Restaurant & Lounge

Reviewed September 17, 2013

After having driven past this place for many years this last Sunday when venturing through Carson City we decided to stop and give it a try.

I have always liked the look of this building and find the inside just as charming.

We were greeted with a huge smile and the service continued the same friendly good service.

We both had the simple ham and eggs. Yet we were offered duck eggs and took them up on it.

Along with the eggs came has browns a cheddar jalapeño biscuit and a small wedge of watermelon, oh yes and a nice slab lf ham.

The first thing I tried was the watermelon and it was ripe and juicy then on to the eggs. The flavour was quite deep and rich making it very much to my liking.

Once I tired the ham the first thing that came in to my mind was this tastes just like Christmas morning, yummy. And the hash browns too were very my as I like them.. crisp.

Now the biscuit for my sister was to her liking and to me quite bland but that was ok since everything else was just fantastic along with a nice strong coffee made for a great meal.

I find it amazing I have never been here before and glad we decided to stop this time around.

We sat outside so the flies came free.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

My eggplant vegetarian sandwich was excellent. No doubt about it. I left the restaurant feeling that I had eaten an excellent $12 lunch. The ingredients were fresh and tasted great.

The restaurant had a great atmosphere and the wait staff was friendly and polite. The entire restaurant appeared clean, including the rest rooms.

I was dining alone and this was my first visit to the restaurant. I was handed a menu by the hostess and seated. The waiter came, took my order and left. It was only after my food arrived did I learn that there were daily specials when the waiter greeted a group at another table. Unfortunately, I would have preferred to order one of the specials. Live and learn.

If the wait staff is unable to provide the information to every seated guest, I suggest that the management post the daily specials at the entrance.

Because the food was so good, I will eat here again.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We won a $50 Gift Certificate to eat here. To be honest, we wouldn't have eaten here because dinner prices are way over our budget, although there were sandwiches available. Neat old house turned into an eating establishment. Several different rooms to eat in, as well as an outdoor patio. Quaint establishment! Serves alcohol and wine which is not our thing but we don't object to others doing their thing. Again, we feel that drinks before dinner effect your taste buds and actually up your ratings. We looked Adele's up on line before going and the place had some reasonable priced items but a great deal of the dinner menu is over our budget, even with the Gift Certificate. My wife went for a steak and I had a pasta dish. The meal was good but without a dessert, only soup and main course it was over $80 for the two of us. So we would have to classify this as way to expensive for us and I believe many others but again, check it out on line. It was a nice experience but not a place we will return to. The waiter was pretty neat, fun and knew the menu well. To be honest, we would have enjoyed a Sizzler for about three visits at these prices. Yes, I am a cheap skate but the waiter did get a 20% tip at Alele's, he was nice. It just wasn't an $80 meal as far as we were concerned. By the way Adele's, either dump the cheesy plastic vines and flowers around the place or at least wash them. Again, the food was good, (not excellent) but just way to expensive for us. Give it a try but knowing what the cold soup is now, I won't order it again. The flavor and spice in it did not sit well with me. My pasta dish, Pasta Pomadora became sickening toward the last 1/2 dozen bites. Wife said the steak was excellent but not worth the price but then when you have a gourmet cook, a cute little house and a friendly staff, I guess you can get the price. Try it, order carefully and if you make good bucks, continue to eat here!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Having spent time on Lake Tahoe, we stopped for lunch at Adele's. If you like the type of restaurant that has converted a home with several rooms that are used for the dining area, you will love Adele's. Each of the dining rooms allowed intimacy and privacy so that you weren't conscious of other diner's conversations. While we were impressed with both the wine and beer offerings, what was most impressive to me was the menu. It actually took our waitress over five minutes to repeat the specials over and above the impressive menu offerings. The restaurant has several awards for excellence on the walls and it is easy to see why. The meals averaged between $15 - $20 -- and well worth it. Make sure you order the hummus appetizer if you want to experience something special. Adele's is well worth your time and your palate.