The Plaza Hotel Carson City
Hardman House Hotel(Carson City)(Great Value!)
$89
$129
Hampton.com
Wyndham Garden Carson City Max Casino(Carson City)(Great Value!)
$80
$113
HIExpress.com
Carson Tahoe Hotel(Carson City)
$50
Courtyard Carson City(Carson City)
$116
$107
$59
$115
$55
Motel 6 Carson City(Carson City)
$45
$43
All reviewsenglish muffinscontinental breakfasthard boiled eggsoatmealfit the billhotel is locatedan older hotela great place to stayrenomaintenancehighway
Reviewed July 13, 2010

When I checked in to the Plaza Hotel I was greeted by a genuinely friendly front desk staff. All of the front desk people were extremely informative and seemed to care about the quality of my stay. When I got to my king suite it was perfect. I was surprised by how many ammenities were included. At night I ate at Red's Old 395 grill which was another great experience. My entire weekend was just an amazing display of customer service excellence. I would recommend this hotel and restaurant to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 5, 2010

I chose this hotel mainly because it was the most reasonable price I found online. I read reviews and it was mostly dissatisfaction so I knew what to expect when we get there. It surprised me though that the room was big. It has a sink, drawers, fridge and the room was very clean. The continental breakfast wouldn't be enough for me and my husband so we decided to go across the street for breakfast. I'd say this was a very good choice for us. i didn't get disappointed at all. We chose a ground floor room and we are parked in front of our room which was good. Overall, I was very satisfied and if you are not picky, I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2010

After looking for a Reception area for our Wedding Reception, we found The Plaza Conference Center at The Plaza Hotel owned by Dwight Millard DBA" Millard Realty & Construction" and Manage by Mike Millard his son. Everything was perfect every time we meet and talked to Mike, so we set up our date and wedding package for May 8, 2010. The total price was initially $4,555. We gave Mike $100.00 to secure the contract on January 4, 2010. On April 5th, a 2nd deposit of $1320.00 was required; however, the check bounced for which we were charged an additional $25, which we were willing to pay for.

On Friday, May 7th, the day prior to the wedding, Mike informs us that we have an additional $395.00 carpet deposit to pay for, which was never listed on the original contract as something we would need to pay for, because we would be providing the cleaning service ourselves on May 9, 2010. Unable to change locations or negotiate with Mike, we paid the extra $395.00 deposit, knowing that there was nothing we could do at that point in time.

On the day of the reception, we had paid for food to be served from 4pm to 6pm. When we arrived to the hall at 3:15pm and nothing was set up yet and we were told by Renee, Mike’s wife, that our party couldn’t start until 6pm because they had to set up another event off site and would not be back in time to complete ours. Guests were starting to arrive and we demanded everything be set up as promised in the contract, because we had paid a Mariachi band to perform from 4-7 while dinner was served. By 6pm, food was just being served; however the Mariachi band departed at 7 and so our guests never got to enjoy them for the full time we paid for their. We ended up having to assist in the set up of our own event.

Another reason dinner was late, was because the Plaza Hotel employees initially started to set up the food buffet style, when we had paid to have it plated and served, as stated on our contract. We asked it be plated as we had paid for it and was confronted with attitude and complaint. This ordeal caused an additional delay in our event. Eventually, the Plaza Hotel they had their employees start plating and serving the food as promised; however, we were forced to help assist in the set up because at this point our event was starting over an hour late and we wanted our guests to enjoy the Mariachi band before they departed at 7pm. The Plaza Hotel employees were not happy about having to serve and proceeded to complain to our guests about having to plate and serve the food, which further added insult to injury.

While the room was initially being set up, we noticed that the carpet, which we paid an extra $395.00 cleaning deposit, was filthy from the event prior to ours, which ended at 1pm. There were several food stains that we ended up taking pictures of as proof of this.

We also had paid $450 for 2 armed Security Guards to be provided by PCC from 4pm-1pm. When we arrived, there was no armed security. At about 4:30pm, 1 armed security guard shows up named Shean. At 5pm, Shean leaves and is replaced by John, the Plaza’s Hotel engineer, unarmed with a black security shirt and is told if anything happens to call Shean.

Below is a breakdown of pricing and the issues we had with each item…

WEDDING PACKAGE: $1,850.00
Included Reception Hall, Set Up and set up of decorations, Coffee and Iced Tea Stations.

1] Nothing was set up, my Wife, myself and our Bridal Party had to set up reception.
2] They wanted to change our reception to start 6pm when we had paid from 4pm to 1am.
3] They initially refused to serve dinner as we had agreed on and paid for.
4] Drink station fountain was malfunctioning and creating more foam than drink and the coffee and tea was not set up until we notified Management. Had we not mentioned it, it would not have been set up, because they informed us, they didn’t know it was included.
5] We paid to have 25 tables set up and only 22 were set up because 3 centerpieces were broken by the Plaza Hotel staff due to careless handling.
6] The staff was unprofessional, rude and used profanity in front of us and our guests.
7] Dinner was not served until 5:40pm – 1hr and 40 min late.
8] Two tables and everything on them fell on top of our guests because they were not set up correctly by the Plaza Hotel staff. Thankfully, no one was injured, however, again, we were forced to clean up this mess because no one of the Plaza Hotel staff was there to assist. Renee, Mike’s wife, eventually checked 1 of the tables and she even said it fell because they did not lock it properly.
9] We had paid a live Mariachi Band from 4pm to 7pm that cost us $3,500.00, which we and our guests only were able to enjoy from 5:40pm until 7pm, due to the late set-up.

MEAL TO BE SERVED AT 4:00pm TO 6:00pm: $ 414.20
1] They tried to set it up buffet style and we paid for it to be plated.
2] Food was not ready and served until about 5:40pm.
3] Staff complained and cursed the whole time to us and our guests about having to serve the food, as we had paid for.
4] Staff was serving plates to empty seats and leaving our guests to wait. We ended up taking the plate from empty seat and serving our own guests. We’re not sure if this was out of spite or foolishness, but regardless, it was rude and unprofessional and we should not pay for that.
6] Dirty plates were left on tables until we approached the staff and asked them to clear them. Dirty plates should have been removed as soon as the guest was finished as we were promised.
7] Food was not served as it should have been. There was supposed to be 1 serving of beans, 1 serving of rice, 1 serving of meat topped with a spoonful of au jus and a small spoonful of salsa. Instead, they served 1 serving of rice, meat and beans, no au jus and no salsa. Instead, they provided little cups of salsa, which the servers carried individually by hand, spilling on the carpet. We were then accused of carpet damage from Mike who said we ruined the carpeting due to the salsa, however, it was his employee’s who spilled it on their floor.

SECURITY: Two (2) Security Guards to be provided by PCC: $450.00
1] Only 1 Security Guard, Shean, was on site for approximately 30 mins who ended up leaving. We requested the security because we wanted to have show cars available for our guests to view. Since no security was provided, we had to tell our guests to take their cars back home.
2] Before the Security leaves, informed us that the Police Department was notified to be ready to shut us down, because it was a Hispanic wedding and most get shut down.
3] The Plaza Hotel’s Head Engineer, John, was then appointed as the security guard when Shean left and was told by Shean that is anything was to happen to call him on his cell phone.
4] We spoke with Shean on May 12, 2010 to find out which Security Company he worked for and he informed us, he was only there as a courtesy and was never paid. He also informed us he was an employee of Millard Realty and not PCC, as we had been promised and paid for.

RECEPTION LINENS: $ 850.00
Red Table Cloths, White Napkins, Red Chair Saches and White Chair Covers.
1] Napkins were supposed to be White and they provided us Red ones. This is a minor mistake; however, we feel it is an important one because a) we wanted and paid for White napkins and b) it set the ambiance of the room. We spent months planning the color scheme, and it was a big disappointment on top of everything else.

TOAST: $75.00
1] We notified Renee we were ready to do the toast and had the DJ announce it. We then had to run around to find the staff to provide the toast glasses and the toast didn’t end up happening until approximately 30-40 min after it was announced.

BAR: $640.00
3 KEGS OF BEER (Budlight, Coors Light and Corona)

1] Mike calls me on May 7th a day before our wedding and tell me he can't get Corona and so they provided us with Tecate, a cheaper alternative than what we had paid.
2] The Bartender, Bob, acted and smelled drunk.
3] Bob never ID anyone and was serving alcohol to minors, including a bridesmaid’s husband who was only 20 and several wedding crashers who were around 17 yrs old. Another reason why we asked for Security, but there was none around to stop it.

THIS PLACE IS HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
5  Thank rosie2418
Reviewed October 17, 2009

After my stay at the Plaza I tink I will stay home form now on, NO HOT WATER and if you go to the desk to let them know about the problem no one speaks ENGLISH! After I tried to warm up I found a used condom in the bed, They pool they say is on site is really down the street at an even worse motel make sure you bring a body gaurd you are going to need it unless you are looking to by illegal substances! Be scared very scared!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2009
1  Thank crybabyjimmie
Reviewed September 13, 2009

Pet friendly, clean, roomy and quiet, this hotel may not be elegant or beautiful, but it was was the best deal in town and we will certainly go back. The room was slightly musty, but that evaporated once the air conditioner was turned on. Otherwise, it was clean and comfortable and had everything we needed.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple