“Plaza Hotel”

Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Carson City
Carson City
“Plaza Hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

The pleasantness of the staff did not make up for the holes in the sheets and the general grubbiness of the room. Location was fine; breakfast nothing to be impressed with. Price was good but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Buildings are old with paper thin walls and creaky,noisy floors. Building 3 is for long term renters and people slam doors throughout the night and it sounds like a herd of cattle is going by your room from the walkway on the 2nd floor....and you can hear noises you don't want to hear from the people in the next room. GROSS. No better in building 2, I could hear footsteps of person upstairs even with ear plugs in..........awful noise. They say they are pet friendly but charge an outrageous $15 more per pet per night. Talk about discriminating against pets! My dogs are cleaner than most people. They don't have to do any more cleaning in the room than for a room with no pets. For that extra pet fee- do they groom my dogs, or walk them, or feed them?? I stayed here while looking for a rental nearby...........won't ever come back, stayed as it is too stressful on my dogs to keep changing motels/hotels. It is getting almost impossible to find a decent hotel that is quiet and allows dogs without feeling completely robbed. For those without pets and who are heavy sleepers....this would be fine to stay, rooms are clean, but unless you can sleep through a lot of noise, don't bother staying here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lucy M

Travelers are raving about these Carson City hotels

Fort Bragg, California, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

This hotel is in good location. The rooms are small but comfortable with two beds, microwave, and compact refrigerator. The staff is very friendly. To bad they don't have a swimming pool or jacuzzi. I believe I paid $45/night. Not bad for a family of 5. I would definitely would come back to this place again.. I had a good time with my family.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
San Jose, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

I chose this hotel since I was on a budget. I wanted to spend more with my children on the snow activities instead on an expensive stay. For the price I paid, I didn't expect so much. The mini fridge and microwave were really nice. Clean beds, nice reception; I am really satisfied. Only bad thing.........the breakfast attendant. He really made us feel "unwelcome". He was the one who made us waffles and I felt like I had to wait for him to come out of the kitchen to ask for the waffle (even though he saw me waiting outside the kitchen!!) Then when he did come out, he just walked past me. **This is when I have three kids under the age of ten waiting for waffles.** I had to call him to make the waffles, and he did so with a huff and a sigh. Really irritated me. I also thought the sign up on the wall was unnecessary. Maybe it's just me but a sign that says, "This isn't an all-you-can-eat buffet.........please just take one helping," isn't something that says "Enjoy your breakfast!!" I don't like wasting food either, but when I am on vacation, I don't want to feel like someone is looking over my shoulder when I go for a second helping of cereal. The breakfast itself could use an upgrade (it didn't even have toast) and the breakfast attendant needs to be a little more helpful with a smile.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Siva815
california
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

We have frequently stayed here since 2000. Always a good walk-in rate, clean rooms and flexible staff, eager to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. Only downside, last July we partook of the continental breakfast and it could use some upgrading, but the waffle machine is nice. We were a little put off by the breakfast attendant who was a little too hyper for so early and turned off the CNN that is always playing and cranked up and sang to music instead. In some of the two queen rooms on the 3rd floor it is time to replace the beds.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

Last time we stayed it was not a Friday so the rate made it a bargain. The weekend rate is higher so it respresents a reasonable value for a basic city motel. It's an easy walk to downtown which is well worth a stroll. Excellent Brewpub in the centre. The breakfast set up really could do with a little more choice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

They have a lot of room here, I rented several different rooms over the last few months and have had a very good experience with all of them. The checkin was fast and efficient. Very good for large groups or gatherings. Its not a casino hotel so you can rest a lot better!!

Room Tip: Top floor as usual