“I used to count on Denny's for good food and service. . .”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Ranked #56 of 196 Restaurants in Carson City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Until today, I'd never been disappointed in the food or service at a Denny's. I can't count the number of great meals (usually a breakfast of some kind) I've had at one of their many restaurants. Today was an unpleasant exception. When my order was delivered to the table it always looked just the pictures in the menu. Imagine my dismay when my cheese omlette with avocado, hash browns and wheat toast came with the potatoes hanging over the edge of the plate and the omlette had no melted cheese on the top but had half of an avocado chopped into 4 pieces haphazardly plopped on it. That was it... My husband's bacon and avocado burrito was cold and contained one chunk of avocado. Not good. Our server was annoyingly chipper and consistently asked us how we were doing when our mouths were full (oh, yes, we ate - we went in very hungry....) - he lacked intuition and sensitivity. We didn't finish our food, simply eating until no longer hungry We got our check - $20.26. Left a few $$ on the table and went to the register. I sat my debit card down by the check and the cashier pushed the check towards me and asked me to add the tip. I've never had that happen anyplace! Ever! I drew a circle with a slash through it in the space on the paper for a tip and the total amount on the check. He said nothing as he took the card and the check. He did take the opportunity to loudly ask another employee if she had finished a chore to which she loudly replied as he returned my card. There was no thank you... how was your meal.. nothing. From the sloppy presentation, to the cold food, to the rudeness - it was a bad experience. We won't be back to this Denny's, ever. And we will think twice before stopping at another - there are so many other choices out there. Very sad that we feel that way after all these years...

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We had breakfast for 3 days at Denneys in Carson City, Nevada --near Winnie & Carson St. --
The service was excellent and the food was great. When ever we come back to Carson City we will eat breakfast here again. Great food for the value!!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were traveling and decided time to stop for gas and breakfast. This is an excellent Denny's as we have none up North. The service was great and the food was even better. They did a quality breakfast in record time. To us it was one of the better Denny's we have ever stopped at.

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Everytime I go in here, there is always something wrong with the food. Either it is brown lettuce or bad service. The staff seem to not care about there job or they are fake nice to you. The food for the price is not good. They will take your meal off if the issue is enough or discount the price. But the experience is never a good one.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Kids eat free on Saturday evening. That was the only good thing. Us adults ordered Grand Slams, should be no problem, right. Wrong, waited over half an hour, then my wife's eggs and hash browns were not cooked correctly, everything else was served cold. I know it was a cold day in hell but we sent it back. Within five minutes everything was served hot and correct. Why not right the first time? No answer or excuse.