“Excellent seafood in Carson City!”

Glen Eagles Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 183 Restaurants in Carson City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hunt Valley, Maryland
“Excellent seafood in Carson City!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Friends of ours, who live in Reno, joined us for dinner and suggested the Glen Eagle. We were anticipating, given the location, that we would be treated to some good beef dishes. What we found was an outstanding offering of seafood dishes. I had the seafood pasta special and it was just excellent. The fish, lobster and shrimp was cooked to perfection and the sauce was a tasty seafood broth. The service was also excellent and it was very evident that everyone was very well trained. This is not an inexpensive restaurant but I would say it is in keeping with other restaurants of this quality in the Carson City/Tahoe area.

• Visited February 2013

Baltimore
“Seafood Surprise in the High Desert”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

When the restaurant we had chosen for dinner was sold out, a friend told us we should try Glen Eagles in Carson City, and we scored a table. Being from the East Coast, and living on fresh seafood much of my life, I have craved good seafood in Nevada. So when the waitress told us the seafood special was linguine with mussels, fish, and lobster, we jumped at it. Let me say that Glen Eagles is a large establishment, with a completely open kitchen, lively bar scene, and lots of spaces with a handsome vibe. Whomever runs this place knows how to train staff, as everyone was knowledgeable, cheerful, helpful, and prompt. And then there is the food: tomato garlic bisque with a large crouton was delicious, salad with citrus lime dressing was tasty, and the seafood pasta was loaded with Mahi Mahi, Sea Bass, Green Lip Mussels, and real Lobster Tail, all done perfectly. These were tossed with a superbly understated sauce with great flavor depth that complimented the seafood while letting it stand out. Absolutely, incredibly great dish. So we went for desert. I had a Flan with Maple Syrup reduction sauce. The portion was huge, the Flan silky and flavorful, the sauce divine. The whole table savored and h-m-m-m-m-med at the taste of this dish. There were other entrees and deserts too, and everyone was very happy with their choices. In all, a wonderful surprise, and I know where to go for seafood in Nevada now.

• Visited February 2013
Carson City, Nevada
“Great service and atmosphere...average but pricey food and drink.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

I love the building and the atmosphere of this place. Rustic and elegant. The service was top shelf. Attentive but not overbearing. But I was disapointed. The wine list was outrageous. There were wines I could buy at a liquor store for ten bucks being offered for forty and fifty dollars a bottle. The food followed the same script. I had a baked pasta dish. The pasta was so over-cooked it practcally melted into the plate. My date had a salad that was definitely not fresh. If this place ever gets a solid chef it would be a favorite. But I won't go back until the food becomes worth the price.

Walnut Creek, California
“Nice recommendation by Hampton Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

The wild halibut was completely fresh and delicious, better than San Francisco. Plus 10% discount with hotel key.

Visited September 2012
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fine Dining with Small Town Flair”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Glen Eagles is a tiny piece of America served with fine wines and small town compassion. The food is second to none and easily the best dining experience in Carson City. They are elegant and refined on nights when my wife enjoy a quiet dinner, and courteous and kind when we bring along our 6-yo daughter. Wonderful experience.

• Visited June 2012