“Seafood Surprise in the High Desert”

Glen Eagles Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 186 Restaurants in Carson City
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Baltimore
“Seafood Surprise in the High Desert”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

When the restaurant we had chosen for dinner was sold out, a friend told us we should try Glen Eagles in Carson City, and we scored a table. Being from the East Coast, and living on fresh seafood much of my life, I have craved good seafood in Nevada. So when the waitress told us the seafood special was linguine with mussels, fish, and lobster, we jumped at it. Let me say that Glen Eagles is a large establishment, with a completely open kitchen, lively bar scene, and lots of spaces with a handsome vibe. Whomever runs this place knows how to train staff, as everyone was knowledgeable, cheerful, helpful, and prompt. And then there is the food: tomato garlic bisque with a large crouton was delicious, salad with citrus lime dressing was tasty, and the seafood pasta was loaded with Mahi Mahi, Sea Bass, Green Lip Mussels, and real Lobster Tail, all done perfectly. These were tossed with a superbly understated sauce with great flavor depth that complimented the seafood while letting it stand out. Absolutely, incredibly great dish. So we went for desert. I had a Flan with Maple Syrup reduction sauce. The portion was huge, the Flan silky and flavorful, the sauce divine. The whole table savored and h-m-m-m-m-med at the taste of this dish. There were other entrees and deserts too, and everyone was very happy with their choices. In all, a wonderful surprise, and I know where to go for seafood in Nevada now.

• Visited February 2013

Carson City, Nevada
“Great service and atmosphere...average but pricey food and drink.”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I love the building and the atmosphere of this place. Rustic and elegant. The service was top shelf. Attentive but not overbearing. But I was disapointed. The wine list was outrageous. There were wines I could buy at a liquor store for ten bucks being offered for forty and fifty dollars a bottle. The food followed the same script. I had a baked pasta dish. The pasta was so over-cooked it practcally melted into the plate. My date had a salad that was definitely not fresh. If this place ever gets a solid chef it would be a favorite. But I won't go back until the food becomes worth the price.

Walnut Creek, California
“Nice recommendation by Hampton Inn”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

The wild halibut was completely fresh and delicious, better than San Francisco. Plus 10% discount with hotel key.

Visited September 2012
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fine Dining with Small Town Flair”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Glen Eagles is a tiny piece of America served with fine wines and small town compassion. The food is second to none and easily the best dining experience in Carson City. They are elegant and refined on nights when my wife enjoy a quiet dinner, and courteous and kind when we bring along our 6-yo daughter. Wonderful experience.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank JBaldari
Wyandotte, Michigan
“Big disappointment”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Made reservations for Mother's Day dinner. We were seated promptly and served warm bread while waiting to order. I ordered the blackened ribeye steak with mango salsa and my husband ordered the regular ribeye steak. I had the house salad which was tasty and my husband had the soup of the day, chicken with rice. The soup was 95% vegetables and rice with very little broth and not much flavor. My steak arrived without any blackening seasoning and chopped mangos that we're rock hard with no flavor. In addition, I have never had a steak with 50% fat!! I love ribeye and have never been served such a poor cut of meat! My husband's steak was just as bad! Our server never came back to check on us during the meal so we weren't able to share our feelings with her. By the time she returned, they had already cleared our plates away. I ordered ice tea and had to flag someone down for a refill. Our bill for 2 dinners, one glass of house wine and one ice tea was $84 before tip. When spending $100 for dinner for two, I expect a good meal and good service. Sadly, this wasn't enjoyable and I will not return. If you are looking for a good steak dinner in the Carson valley, try the CV steakhouse or Dukes.

• Visited May 2012