“Great Bake Shop & Restaurant”

Paul Schat's Bakery
Ranked #1 of 9 Dessert in Carson City
“Great Bake Shop & Restaurant”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I read the reviews, I made a stop... and I'm now a believer! We didn't spend too much time in Carson City, but we made absolutely sure we stopped here before we left town... after all, other reviewers went as far as saying this bakery had the best baked goods in the all of the Western US. After having just had lunch, we weren't drooling over everything - thankfully. However, we did sample the free goods and walked out with a variety of cookies and a couple of loaves of bread... including the 7-grain loaf. OMG, that was the best 7-grain bread I have ever eaten! Their pecan roll/bread is scrumptious... even on the next day!! Must stop! MUST!

American in Bogota
“Unexpected gem!!”
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch and stayed for dessert too, sandwiches with real sliced turkey are delicious, fairly priced and soup was hearty and tasted homemade the way most restaurant soups never do anymore. Fresh squeezed orange juice and lemonade were refreshingly wonderful. The dessert options were unlimited (so hard to pick!!) and everything we tried we loved. Apparently they have breakfast on weekends too. We'll be back!!

Phoenix, Arizona
“I'm in Love with Schat's!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

While visiting Nevada we stayed at a relative's in Minden. We were on the road and I needed a good coffee so I searched my phone for a nearby bakery. Thank God Schat's Bakery came up as only a short distance from the highway so we went. What a find!

Let's just say this -- we were there 3 more times that week during our stay! Great coffee, outrageous scones (that were tender, crunchy and light all at once - way better than the ones I bake) and healthy breads. On our last day I placed a big order, wrapped them individually in waxed paper and stuffed my suitcase. Yes...I'm that serious about Schat's. The only negative I can say about them is that they don't ship. I'm going to call my cousin to do that part for me :)

• Visited August 2013
Dallas, Oregon
“Scrumptious everything”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is absolutely the best bakery I have visited anywhere in the western United States. We have been trying to get them to open a franchise in Salem, OR because there is just nothing like them anywhere. Everything we have ever tried, from specialty breads to elephant ears is out of this world scrumptious.

• Visited August 2013
Yreka, California
“the best bakery on the planet”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

the most incredible hand crafted breads,baked goods and deserts... the cheese jalapeno bread was my favorite...very generous with their in store sampels

Visited August 2013