“staff was rude”

Americas Best Value Inn Carson City
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Carson City
“staff was rude”
Reviewed October 24, 2005

I have never stayed at hotel whear the staff was so rude. When I asked if they had any extra pillows the guy told me well there are 2 on the bed. About an hour later he brougt one up. I asked for a late check out becuse my husband how is diabedic went in to inselin shock and was told check out was at 11am and we need to be out theye have a full hotel. After expling that it was a medical situation and he could not be moved he told me I could have an extra 15 min. When 11:15 came the made where at our door. We asked them to whate so we could get our stuff in the car and i could help my husband down to the car. We left our dog in the room becuse we had our hands full. The staf then locked us out of the room with our dog still in it. I have never been denyed a late check out of any hotel nore have I ever had to beg the staf to let me in. The room was large the beding was old and looked like it may have not been washed in a wile. The tv did not get good picher and was verry old. There where ground in somthing on the floor. The out side smelled and when they panted the out side theye oversprayed the doores and windows. The towels wear clean but in short supply. If your in Carson and looking for a hotel you can stay at with your pet. Look some wear else there are much beter hotels with people how care.

• Stayed October 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed September 21, 2005

Once you weave around the down and outers, you get to your room. Mine had no security chain, the deadbolt lock didn't work, 3 light bulbs were either out or missing and the door had obviously been kicked in at least once (w/minimun repair). I put the table and chairs IFO the door to feel more secure before trying to get a little sleep.

Stay away from this place. Economy??? I was charged $80 for the room...and all money has to be paid up-front. What a discusting place.

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Carson City hotels

Reviewed September 6, 2003

Conveniently located on the main highway just south of downtown. For a budget hotel this place is in excellent condition with a secure, clean, well-maintained look and feel. The towels looked brand new (although of classic "budget thickness"). The mattress was more firm that I would like, but more comfortable than most other budget hotels. Overall, I had a pleasant experience and would recommend this hotel to other visitors.

20 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Courtyard Carson City
#4 of 17 in Carson City
Americas Best Value Inn-Tahoe City/Lake Tahoe
Wyndham Garden Carson City Max Casino

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Carson City? Share your experiences!