“Fun Menu”

Dining options: Reservations
Incline Village, NV
“Fun Menu”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I keep coming back here for an interesting meal and daily specials. Falafel salad, empanadas, dulce de leche mud pie! It's located on the main street in the middle of the block but easy parking.

California
“Not bad and conveniently located”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We passed through Carson City recently and were looking for a decent place for lunch. We ended up here based on TripAdvisor and Yelp reviews that were generally positive.

My husband had the special empanada and one of their pulled pork sandwiches and said both were good. I had the black bean soup which I liked (though it needed a bit more salt). I then had the beet salad which I wouldn't recommend. The beets were very cold and dry as if they'd been stored in the fridge for a while. I don't like blue cheese so asked for feta instead. There was a lot of cheese on the salad and, when combined with the very-salty dressing, it was practically inedible.

Hot water for tea wasn't hot enough for my taste, either, but I know a lot of restaurants serve it that way because they're worried customers will burn themselves.

On the upside, the service was good and very attentive, prices were pretty reasonable, and this was certainly better food than anything else we saw in town (fast food, chain restaurants, etc.) I think if you eat meat (which I don't), you'd have better options.

• Visited December 2012
“After two visits, I just can't recommend”
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

I like the concept of this place but probably won't return. I'm a foodie and love original menus, unusual dishes, etc. but both meals I ended up with were pretty ordinary. My friend and I visited at a weird hour one day, I think it was 3:30, and had the nachos and tuna melt. Ordinary food, service was fine. The second visit was not a success at all. The waitress did not appear to be, how should I put this, coherent? We visited right at 5 when the restaurant was dead but our soups took nearly 30 minutes to arrive. I ordered the black bean soup which turned out to have marginally more flavor than what you get in the can. AND the beans were al dente. My husband received lukewarm gumbo and said he would get a better dish from Uncle Ben's. To top it off, the waitress never brought the wine we ordered. An hour later we walked by the restaurant and saw that it was now full-but no one had food on the tables. I just can't recommend a restaurant with poor service and my husband and I agreed that the atmosphere of this place is poor. Dingy lighting, no music, creepy masks on the wall, dated upholstery. This place just needs a little music, new booths and better staff. Based off what I have seen on the menu I'm sure you can find some great food here but it just didn't happen for me.

“Best place in Carson City!”
Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

I initially thought this place would be full of hipsters and foodies. Quite the opposite, a full variety of people which also mirrors their menu. This place will soon be #1 on trip advisor! Be sure to call ahead and make sure they are open. Sometimes they are closed without notice, which we have experienced twice coming into town. But no worries, eat here! Try the supersomethingcheesylisitic bread.

Austin, Texas
“Lots of choices for meat eaters.”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

This place has lots of meat dishes but not many vegetarian options unless you like salad. The service was just okay and the food was just okay. I felt it was overpriced but most restaurants in Carson are. The homemade Popsicle are fun and tasty though.

• Visited October 2012