“Best place in Carson City!”

Sassafras Eclectic Food Joint
Ranked #18 of 188 Restaurants in Carson City
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

I initially thought this place would be full of hipsters and foodies. Quite the opposite, a full variety of people which also mirrors their menu. This place will soon be #1 on trip advisor! Be sure to call ahead and make sure they are open. Sometimes they are closed without notice, which we have experienced twice coming into town. But no worries, eat here! Try the supersomethingcheesylisitic bread.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

This place has lots of meat dishes but not many vegetarian options unless you like salad. The service was just okay and the food was just okay. I felt it was overpriced but most restaurants in Carson are. The homemade Popsicle are fun and tasty though.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Though this place had few visitors at noon on a Saturday, I don't know why. It had a lengthy menu with traditional as well as inventive and offbeat selections. My friend and i traded halves of the tuna melt and philly steak sandwich. Both were good though i thought the tuna was a little bland. Choices of sides are much more extensive: several kinds of shaw (careful, the thai slaw is spicy). The blue cheese cole slaw and yucatan potato salads sounded more like it would have more specific tastes than it did...though the mild tastes of these were pleasant enough. The atmosphere is quite nice and somewhat upscale feeling. The costs are reasonable and portions are not skimpy. I would love to try some of the more expensive entrees on another trip.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I had the Praline Burger. It was an amazing sweet crunchy different taste. The fresh homemade potato chips were delicious! I will return to try out their other unique dishes.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

My oldest daughter and two of my granddaughters treated ourselves to dinner and the theater. We decided to try out Sassafras, a new restaurant in Carson City, NV.
This restaurant serves fresh, and when possible local foods. When I asked where their salmon came from, the waitress checked for me, as they had just changed suppliers. I actually saw her ask the manager. Fresh from Canada.
The wonderful grilled salmon was placed in a large bowl of spring greens, jicama, corn, nuts, and topped with fresh strawberries tossed lightly with HOMEMADE salad dressing.
All of the items we ordered were fresh with great attention to detail. Great service. Nice people. A new gathering place in Carson City.