“A very pleasant accommodation!”

Hardman House Hotel
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Carson City
Olympia Washington
“A very pleasant accommodation!”
Reviewed July 26, 2008

Hardman House Carson City
We slept well here, right in downtown Carson.

Had a wonderful meal and glass of wine on the verandah at Adele’s restaurant, just down the street about a block away. Free wireless internet in the room worked well, though was a bit on the slow side. The room was very clean, though the bathroom could have used a bit of updating. An adequate breakfast bar in the lobby (cold cereal, fruit, yogurt, coffee, juice, etc.) was included.

Don’t believe what was mentioned about this not being a family friendly place. An all girl sports team with inadequate supervision is NOT a family. We found the managers and desk staff to be outstanding in every respect.

BTW, we value good coffee and sampled several of the local coffee houses during our stay. We found the best latte’s to be at Dutch Brothers drive-up on US395 at the South end of town.

Stayed July 2008
1 Thank ScoutOut

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Volcano, California
Reviewed January 22, 2008

We have stayed at this older and well-maintained property for "getaway" weekends for the past 20+ years. We have always liked it, and we still do. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the service is friendly and efficient, the free breakfast is adequate, and there are two good restaurants (Garibaldi's Ristorante Italiano and Adele's Restaurant) in easy walking distance. Why stay at a chain, or some noisy and smelly casino hotel?

• Liked — Great location and great value.
  • Disliked — Traffic noise from US-395
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rwwaugh
Utah
Reviewed October 12, 2007

After reading through reviews of other hotels in the Carson area, I was about to sleep in our Carson City office rather than be subject to what I read. A Business Associate suggested I check out Hardman House. I am not usually open to a hotel that is not a nationwide chain, but when I read the reviews it looked like a great place to stay. I booked directly with the hotel, which was pleased to give me a corp rate. The hotel was a bit hard to find, but I was pleasantly suprised at it's great contition, outside and inside. I was warmly greeted at the front counter, very professional service, and found my room to be in excellent condition. Although this hotel is rated as a two star, I would say my impression is that it was better than many four star hotels I have stayed at. This is truly the place to stay in Carson. I will be visiting Carson every 2 weeks, and will hang my hat at Hardman from now on.

C. Davis, UT

• Liked — Price and cleanliness
  • Disliked — Breakfast Bar
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank Warbird1604
Berkeley, California
Reviewed August 9, 2007

I stayed at this hotel with my aunt, whom had been here once before and liked it, and I'm happy we did! This simply decorated hotel was spacious and bustling, with lots of lively older folks around and about. The lobby was very comfortable and inviting, and the hallways to the rooms were extra wide. The front desk staff was very friendly. Our room was extra spacious and even had a sort of bay window, and the beds were on the better side of average.

The bathroom was spacious, too, but I found the shower/tub to be very dark. The continental breakfast was good, if not high in carbs, and the superb OJ made up for any potential lack of food variety. The hotel has a hint of charm, which I never do find in chains like the Holiday Inn Express, but is not the most modern facility around. That was perfectly fine with me!

I would recommend the Hardman House to pretty much everyone, especially older folks, people seeking a little hospitality at a hotel, and everyone in search of a conveniently located place to sleep. However, young club goers should probably steer clear. Actually, young club goers probably shouldn't bother with Carson City at all!

• Liked — Everything is spacious!
  • Disliked — No hot tub, sadly.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank davdaven
Davis, California
Reviewed May 21, 2007

My team has stayed here two years in a row for the Comstock Shootout. We always get a break room for the girls to hang out in right by the lobby with a coach in the room next door. On Saturday night they changed the lock on the room. They would not give me a new key until I demanded it. The lady at the desk said she heard noise while she was in the basement below (that is why we are in the corner on the bottom floor). We all had been at dinner for the past two hours. Wasn't our party. She also accused me of allowing the girls to sleep in the room the night before. The room was cleared out by 10:15. She was the general manager. Very rude.

When checking out the next day I found out that she was upset because someone didn't show up for work Saturday night and she had to come in to cover a shift. Nice customer service Dixie. On Sunday they had three rooms checking in. We had 28 rooms booked Friday and Saturday. This is not a family friendly place.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The management
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank jimbelenis
Sacramento, California
Reviewed October 1, 2006

The exterior of this attractive brick building was decorated for the harvest season when we arrived. Attractive banners and twinkle lights made the place look homey and inviting. We were given a first floor room with two double beds (as requested) and were very impressed with the size and amenities of the room. We had a small refrigerator and microwave, along with a coffee maker, which was nice. The bathroom was spacious, and everything looked clean and well-maintained. The only tiny complaint I can come up with is the window didn't have a locking feature on it, which was a concern since we were on the first floor. Complimentary continental breakfast was served from 6-9 each morning, and included homemade muffins, oatmeal, cereal, fruit and boiled eggs. This place really felt like home, and we would definitely return if we visit Carson City again. This place is everything I expect in a midrange hotel, and the attention to small details made it a memorable stay.

• Liked — The size of the room, and the inviting feel of all public areas.
  • Disliked — There wasn't a pool.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank sheripg
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 15, 2005

I been to Hardman house for my Valentines day and I got more than i expected. The romms were clean the staff was friendly and helped us by letting us do the early check in. On our request they were flexible in the check out (though I checked out early). The location is convinient. If you want to have a relaxed calm and cool vacation than go and stay in Carson City because there is nothing more to do. I would highly recommend Hardman House. Sunil S Ranka

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member