“Great Pub”

Ranked #8 of 186 Restaurants in Carson City
Cuisines: American, British
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Fox Brewpub, formerly know as the Firkin & Fox, is a traditional, English-style pub located in the Historic St. Charles Hotel in downtown Carson City, Nevada.
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great Pub”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stopped in on late Thursday afternoon. Great choice of beers and a good menu. I'd go back to this pub for dinner on another visit happily. The wait staff was helpful and prompt. The interior is comfy old-wood pub. Really liked the place.

Visited July 2014

Hereford, AZ
“A pleasant surprise after a long walk in town”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I enjoy urban walks and walked around the state capitol before stopping in this place. It's across from the the state capitol and on a shaded corner street. I sat outside with my dog on the patio. The server was very attentive to me and even gave my dog extra water. I ordered a simple cheese burger and fries and tried two beers brewed by the High Sierra Brewery, which now uses this restaurant as its main location. The beer and food were both very good. I was able to watch Germany play Algeria in the World Cup from the patio. The server even turned the channel to one TV that I could see from the patio. I appreciated the timely service, great food, ambiance and deal. What a nice place for a few hours of rest on a long road trip.

California
“The fox is on the yum ”
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Yum! Yum! Great food. Great service. Great atmosphere. We enjoyed this little establishment so much. We ordered the mussels (light on the spice), the cottage pie, the Irish nachos, and the meat lovers pizza and all were to our satisfaction. Many locals came in and they knew them by name. When locals and state employees visit, you know it's a gem. Yum yum says the fox.

Helena, Alabama
“Food good, service slow”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husband and I ate here last night, arriving before dusk, which comes after 8 pm this time of year. The guy who seemed to be heading up things was rather brusque when we arrived and asked for a seat outside. There were multiple tables which had just been vacated and cleared but he told us to take any seat we wanted "inside," instead of offering to set one up for us. Bad beginning. Finally a young lady offered us a table for two outside.

Our waitress was very nice and friendly. However, it took a long time to get our drinks. Waitress or bartender? The calamari had very little taste, but was acceptable. The two entrees were fish and chips and steak and mushroom pie. The pie was good, needing a little more flavor - perhaps salt. Mashed potatoes very good. Side salad was good and larger than expected. Took salad as sub for veg of day (mixed vegs) which the waitress admitted were not crisp, but soft. I was glad for her honesty and suspected they were not fresh, but frozen. Fish and chips were . . . Well, fish and chips!

Overall, we enjoyed the evening in a pleasant atmosphere.

Carson City, Nevada
“If This Had Been My First Experience It Would Have Been My Last”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I really don't like writing a negative report, but although I have enjoyed a number of good meals here before, if anything could have gone wrong the last time there I don't know what it could have been. There was a nice crowd on the outside patio, but I preferred to sit at a booth. I had to wait a little while to be seated, although I was acknowledged right away. The waitperson was very pleasant, but was busy working between the inside and outside. I ordered a fish and chips which I have enjoyed in the past, but this time the fries were undercooked and although the fish was tasty, the outer wrap was too mushy. AND THEN THE NOISE BEGAN. It was some sort of Cowboy Karaoke night and although some of the voices were good, the music was about 30 decibels too loud. There weren't more than 20 people in the room yet the music was loud enough for an outdoor auditorium. It was an unbelievably terrible experience. It hurt my ears and I am almost deaf. Never again will I go back on a Monday night.