“Great cross country skiing resort”
Review of Spooner Lake Cross Country - CLOSED

Spooner Lake Cross Country
More attraction details
Owner description: For cross-country ski buffs of all ages and ability levels, this area offers more than 45 miles of groomed ski trails spread over 9,000 acres of scenic wilderness area.
Reviewed February 29, 2012

This is much quieter and less packed than most other cross country ski resorts around. Good variety of beginning to difficult trails. I usually prefer backcountry skiing, but when I want to bring a beginner with me to go on groomed trails, or I want to do some skate skiing, I go here. They also have snowshoe trails.

Reviewed December 29, 2010

Try cross country skiing out here. My 5 and 7 year olds did well. The staff at Spooner Lake was extremely friendly and helpful. Also, compared to the holiday price gouging at the downhill ski resorts, this is very affordable for the whole family. The Spooner Lake area is beautiful.

Reviewed July 5, 2010

A friend and I rented bikes here to ride the Flume Trail around Lake Tahoe and had a blast. The bikes were excellent quality, well-maintained and very reasonable. The shuttle service is a bargain ($5) with bike rental. The people were helpful, friendly and well-organized. Sometimes tourist-centered places can be less than welcoming, but I can't say enough good things about these folks. Highly recommended!

1  Thank BetsyFromPike