“Pow Wow on Fahter's Day every year.”

Stewart Indian Cultural Center
Ranked #15 of 44 things to do in Carson City
More attraction details
Owner description: Once a school that taught Native Americans how to get along in "the white man's world," this cultural center now houses a fascinating collection of Native American art including the work of photographer E.S. Curtis.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I used to work for the State of Nevada Parole Board. Our office was in one of the girls dormitory when the school was there. Next door to our building is the museum. Beautiful grounds. When they have their Pow Wow, I could watch them set up all the booths. I have relation who have a booth there every year. Great Tacos!!!

2  Thank Sandy C

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I really hope the center stays open.The Native Americans were here first and that is a real part of Nevada history - we must not loose the history, they must not loose their languaage and dress, and culture. Loved to gp tp the Pow-Wows -- let;s not loose it.

3  Thank Mil B
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Seeing and experiencing the spiritual side of the Native American Indians is awe inspiring. I sometimes have to pinch myself to know this is real. These are real modern day Indians living among us. I feel so honored to be a part of their lives. I am grateful for the experience. To see them in full garb in all their splendor is a site to behold. If you have a chance to see any of their competitions I highly recommend it. The cultural center reminds me of our humble beginnings and why we are so blessed to live in Nevada. Had they not been here first to clear the paths no one would have ever made it across these mountains. Thanks and praise to their heritage.

3  Thank Sugarplumtreats
Reviewed January 3, 2008

My husband spotted this amazing campus. It truly is worth seeing. The building materials alone are worth the price of admission (even if there is no admission price). It'll take as little time as 10 minutes to drive through the campus or longer if you'd like to linger.

5  Thank panrucker