“Very Friendly Staff”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Carson City
Sacramento, California
“Very Friendly Staff”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I’ve stayed at many Courtyards and this was definitely one of the best. The staff at the front desk was wonderful. Before I booked on the Marriott website, there was a note that there was construction going on. When we arrived, there were once again signs warning every one of the construction, but we never heard anything and it did not inconvenience us at all. If we return to Carson City, we have a place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 0000AM0000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Las Vegas
Reviewed May 27, 2014

What a wonderful experience we had at the Courtyard Marriott right next to Casino Fandango. The room was lovely and comfortable and the staff was teriffic. We are so thankful for such a great night's sleep in excellent accomodations.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
reno, nv
Reviewed April 22, 2014

My daughter and I booked a room on a last minute decision and we were glad we did. Casino Fandango had sent me a coupon to stay a night at the Courtyard Marriott for 59 dollars. We had called to ask a few questions, and the young lady on the phone was very polite and helpful. When we arrived the young lady checking us in was just as nice and helpful, we were able to choose between one king or two queens, plus what floor we wanted.

The room was large and we had lots of space to move around. The bathroom was also roomy and well supplied. The room was very clean, and the sheets had that fresh washed scent. Plenty of nice towels (not old scratchy ones). The only minus I would give them would be not having a complimentary breakfast. I didn't use the pool or gym so I can't rate them.

When I receive another coupon from Casino Fandango I will probably take advantage of it, sometimes it's just nice to get away. I was also surprised that we were able to use the coupon on a Friday night.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Bernice743
Sacramento, California
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We went to Carson City on a whim to meet some friends. We had no idea where to stay. I had read the reviews of this hotel so we choose it. I'm a bit of a hotel snob and I was still not sure about this place. If I ever go back to Carson City I will stay here again. We got a one bedroom suit. It was well appointed and most importantly it was clean.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Beaumont, California
Reviewed April 17, 2014

The upside... close to my client location, fairly clean and they brought up a microwave on request. The downside, the computer wasn't working properly on check-in. The receptionist had to ask maintenance to check to see if my room was clean. I checked after 6PM so I would think all of the rooms should have been clean by then. I came beck to my room the first day about 4PM. My room was not yet cleaned. Front desk was very friendly but the maintenance guy delivering the microwave did not return my greeting or acknowledge my thank-you. He didn't even crack a smile. There is a casino next door, Expect NOISY people returning to their rooms at all hours talking and letting doors slam. The AC rattles about 30 seconds every startup making sleep difficult. I am a new Gold Elite member. The "large" print says free breakfast at Marriott's but, so I hear, the fine print is supposed to say, yet I can't find it, the Courtyards are excluded. So much for breaking in my Gold membership. I'm leaning toward staying at Hilton properties in the future. There is a Hilton Hampton Inn in Carson City, with free hot breakfast for all! ;-)

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevators. Quietest in the top floor (4).
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Bishop, California
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Stayed here during a recent visit. Nice relatively new facility conveniently located near many stores, restaurants, and theaters. My only complaint was a noise issue. I stayed on the top floor and, during the night, the wind blew. Something on the roof or just outside the window rattled, banged, and made noise all night long making sleep intermittent at best. Otherwise, this was a great place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank 8640
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The hotel and room itself was nice enough, but the service was a disappointment in several aspects. The pool and hot tub had a ring of dirt/scum around them that must have taken several days or a week to build up, so keeping them clean was obviously not a priority. They charged for the breakfast buffet that is included in many other hotel chains, most of which cost less than this hotel. It was nothing special either, just the same waffle iron breakfast you see at many hotels. I asked for a one o'clock checkout on a Sunday and they said no, the reason being that 80% of the rooms were checking out. So instead of extending a small courtesy to a Marriott member, they would rather the room sat empty for hours until housekeeping got to it. Also, every time I went to, or by, the front desk, there was no one there. They would stay in the back room and watch the video monitor and come out at their convenience when someone was waiting at the desk. I've never seen that at a Marriott hotel before. Overall, I would expect a much higher standard from Marriott.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family