“Good food, pleasant ambiance, good service”
Review of Brandin' Iron

Brandin' Iron
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Caliente
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed May 24, 2014

While passing thru Caliente on motorcycle trip, I ate at The Brandin' Iron twice and enjoyed my meal and experience both times. Quick, pleasant service. Good food! Free Wifi.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

This is an old-fashioned western diner, with great burgers and steaks, and awesome french fries. Table servers are quick and friendly, and the menu is more than you would expect in such a small town. We have eaten here 3 times and loved everything we ordered.

1  Thank Xhizzoner
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in one night when we stayed in Caliente. We were tied and hungry and the reviews sounded good. I had grilled chicken parmesan and my wife had the soup of the day, vegetable beef. Both dishes were home made and tasted so so. They reminded me of how I cooked when I first moved away from home. The chicken didn't taste grilled or even have any grill marks. It was more like a roasted chicken breast. To me chicken parmesan means that a slice of mozzarella cheese is melted over the chicken and sauce. The cheese was MIA except for a sprinkle of parmesan on the sauce and the generous side cup. The side veggies had been on the stream table way too long to be eaten. It came with a green salad which was Romain lettuce with a small tomato wedge and slice of cucumber. This was how in made dinner when I was twenty.
My wife's soup was tasty but the meat was fatty.
The service was excellent as our waitress was charming and attentive without being a pest.
Next time we'll hope the pizza place is opened.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

The basics in good food, served with a welcoming smile. After a day's drive, the short walk to the cafe is a welcome break, & the walk back helps take care of that last slice of home-made pie.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

The Brandin’ Iron is pretty much the only place in town to eat but that’s probably a positive as it means the locals eat there and they aren’t in the business of ripping tourists off.

Our food was well presented, good quality, simply and well cooked. Not fine dining but satisfying and tasty. Excellent value for money and brilliant friendly efficient service.

We ate both dinner and breakfast the next day. Dinner was salad, Sirloin with twice baked potatoes and veggies. For two of us, including a large glass of red wine each the bill was $30 (about £20). Excellent value. Breakfast was good too – try the burritos.

Can recommend.