“stay away”

Bonnie Springs Ranch Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: bonnie springs ranch in red rock canyon, ten minutes west of the strip offers a restaurant, petting zoo, horseback riding and an old western town with live entertainment. Group reservations and banquets and weddings.
Denver, Colorado
“stay away”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

This is the restuarant attached to the bonnie springs ranch and because of that I would suggest you plan your trip to bonnie springs around your eating schedule so you can avoid this place. The service was bad, the food was blah and overall it detracts from an otherwise fun place. The waitress was non existant, the bottoms of the buns were over toasted and could have sub for any standard brick, and to top it off its overpriced.
As i said the buns were bricks. My wife had to ask another waiter for our waitress so she could get a new one. When we paid our $55 dollar bill with a $100, she brought my wife 2 $20s, 4 ones and the change. I had left to take the kids to wash up, so that was all the money my wife had on her, and I have never seen a waiter/waitress not break down change so that you can leave a tip. needless to say my wife left only the 4 and change. Even when serviceis terrible, we like to leave 10 percent, but when you dont even break our change down so that we can... Its a family attraction so I would expect the kids meals to be priced on par with every other place I attend with a kids menu, if not perhaps a bit better, but the kids meals are 7 dollars, which i find ridiculous. The rest of the menu falls in line with being overpriced. I wondered why they did not list thier prices online and after going, I see why.... avoid this place

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Ken R

• Czech first
Mississauga, Canada
“Great full day experience”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We got there too late to do everything but if we are ever in the area again we will make a full day of it. See other reviews for more details on what we missed. The restaurant was fun and I'd recommend the Sasparilla to anyone who has never tried it before. My kids got a kick out the men's bathroom where the urinal is an old bathtub. The littlest didn't need to go but forced himself just so he wouldn't miss out on the opportunity.

• Visited July 2011
York
“Running away from snow, and ran right back into it”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Nasty winter in Nebraska, so you take a flight to Vegas, only to run into torrential rain. The consierge at the Rio suggested a trip to Bonnie Springs. That is just what we did, and smack dab back into the snow. However....this was beautiful. The quaint restaurant, with the fireplace in the center, looking over the duck pond...well what could be nicer. The old style drinks were the best part of the place, as the food was pretty mediocre, especially for the price. But what the heck..if you like the old time atmosphere, and critters to gaze at.......be sure to check this out.

• Visited February 2011
Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Funky!”
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Pretty funky. It's western-ish and makes you feel like you are back in the 50s. The TV was as old as my grandpa and water smelled funny. It was the only hotel I could find in Blue diamond, so can't compare. Expect to be waken up by braying burros in the morning. I was in my climbing vacation, so it was a good break from conventional hotels.

Visited March 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good Food and Good People”
Reviewed December 27, 2010

We dropped into Bonnie Springs to escape the neon jungle. It was really just a whim to say, "Wonder what's down here!" When we arrived we saw an old attraction that in some ways really showed its age and in others really showed a slice of Nevada history.

We decided on the back of that to give the restaurant a whirl. The food was what you would expect. It was simple, rustic, and tasty. What did it for us was the service. The wait staff was quite friendly and really made a memorable experience for us. They gave us a few tips on where to go and what to see in town that really helped make our trip great.