“NOT AS BAD AS REVIEWERS SAY”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Ranked #7 of 14 Restaurants in Beatty
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Denny's Restaurant im Stagecoach Hotel & Casino, Beatty, NV, USA
South Lake Tahoe, California
“NOT AS BAD AS REVIEWERS SAY”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I usually stop here while driving between Las Vegas and Reno but only to use the restroom in the casino. Never ventured to Denny's, deep into the smoke filled casino, until this time. Although they became quite busy, our order was taken and served promptly. Even the manager helped the servers and asked several times if we needed anything, which we did. She even brought a rubber band for my daughter to tie her hair back and keep it out of her food. We found the food and service to be excellent and to top it off, a stranger paid our tab. Thank you, whoever you are.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank frugel-traveler

Las Vegas, New Mexico
“The food was good”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

This Denny's is in a casino so you get to enjoy the smoke on the way in. The restaurant was smoke free but dark, no windows.

Visited May 2014
Martins Creek, Pennsylvania
“Quick Breakfast? ”
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Don't I repeat Do Not stop here if you are looking for fast service! Got coffee while waiting, but I take it black and sugar. Waited about 5 minutes for hostess to return to ask for sugar, no sugar on table! Still waiting for food, may just leave! Ordered milk with breakfast, it arrived same time as coffee. I'm not drinking it. I'm even sitting at the counter where they can see me. I ordered scrambled eggs bacon crisp pancakes. Bacon burnt and pancakes so tough and rubbery barely cut with knife! I repeat Do Not Stop Here!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Only go if you have nowhere else to go.....and a long wait”
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

We came here because we thought we would get some decent food. We were wrong. We waited 30 minutes for our food to come and when questioned we were told that there was a big party in front of us. Fair enough but we hadn't been told this and we should have at least been notified by the waitress. Whilst I waited I filled out a comments card and an essay on the back. If the waitress told us that the food would have taken a while it would have been fine but we even had to ask for the bill at the counter. The food when it came was ok but cold but we were sick of waiting any longer. I don't think we have ever waited that long in any dennys. By the time we got out it was an hour 20. They weren't full or particularly busy. I did tell the waitress why I wasn't happy but it seemed to fall on deaf ears as she didn't ask if I wanted to see the manager. We left by paying the bill and the bill only. No tipping whatsoever. We are sick of this whole tipping culture in the US. Tip only if necessary so hopefully the service will be better next time.If we do end up coming here again we will not come here. Go to Mels diner where it's much better and cheaper.

Visited May 2014
Oakland, California
“Arguably the Worst Denny's”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

And that's saying a lot. Let's count the ways:

1. Disorganized wait staff.
2. Put in the wrong order. (How can you mess up an order for a Grand Slam off of the $4 Value Menu?)
3. Breakfast was delivered cold. I'm guessing it had a long wait time from being ready in the kitchen before it made it to my table.
4. Country fries were burnt to a dot. Remember, they were cold, too.
5. Coffee had been in the pot for quite awhile; very harsh and not even close to fresh.
6. Because of the adjacent casino, the room smelled of smoke. In all fairness I'm not sure that this is the restaurant's fault.

There you have it. I actually like to go to Denny's when I want a relatively quick and inexpensive breakfast. I know what I'm getting and the quality is usually pretty consistent. Just not at this Denny's.

• Visited April 2014

Been to Denny's? Share your experiences!