“Absentee Cook”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 2, 2014

The first night I went there, after sitting at a table for 5 minutes, the bartender hollered over to me that the cook had not shown up. Two nights later, I tried again, and the steak was good and the beer was cold. What more can you ask other than for the cook to show up!

1  Thank PaulC12345
There are newer reviews for Sourdough Saloon

Reviewed April 19, 2014

We stopped in for a couple of drinks and met most of the town.A very colorful crowd to say the least.Atmosphere was great.Very comfortable yet wild place.Don't go in if you can,t stand cigarette smoke because it is allowed in Nevada and everyone in there the night we went was smoking.That is the only negative.We met the mayor of Ryolite and I think most of the city board members here.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

We went in here after visiting the The Happy Burro chilli & beer bar next door, where we had just met great people and had a great laught. We went here expecting the same atmosphere and it was like a smack in the face. The barman was grumpy and miserable. OK for a beer, but if you want happy people go next door

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Upon reading the reviews, we decided to head for this place to try their pizza and whatever beer was on tap. Entered via the side door and sought out the side room which was set up as a restaurant. The nice lady manning the totally empty restaurant portion quickly sent us back to the bar portion, as that is where you ordered the pizza and drinks anyways. We sat at the counter and ordered pizza and beer, and in no time at all we were sitting and enjoying the meal. I give this place all thumbs up for service and good pizza(which we had enough left over for breakfast). The fact that this establishment was set up more like the local watering hole and less like a restaurant knocked my rating down. But then again it says Sourdough Saloon, which should have been all the description it needed. Nice interesting decor with all the signed dollar bills, and real nice local people and staff. Highly recommended.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

This is primarily a bar but serves food in the back room. The night I was there, it was BBQ steak or salmon night. Food was prepared right and tasty. My steak was cooked the way I requested - medium rare. Modestly priced menu. They also offer chicken wings and pizza. Friendly hostess, cook and bartender.

1  Thank Brian_in_Reno