“Great food, Great prices!”
Review of Mel's Diner

Mel's Diner
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Beatty
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Located on Hwy. 95 in Beatty, NV & open for breakfast and lunch only! Great food! Awesome omelettes and "out of this world BISCUITS !! Breakfast and a tip for 2 about $22 WOW!

There are newer reviews for Mel's Diner

Reviewed February 10, 2013

There are not many restaurants in Beatty, NV. We weren't interested in going to a smoky casino to eat and saw Mel's Diner on our way out of town and decided to stop. What a treat.

The menu had a good array of standard breakfast and lunch items, all extremely inexpensive. Our food was very good and came very quickly. The check for 2 adults was $13.38 - can't beat that.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Seriously, this restaurant is the only thing I liked about Beatty, NV. It's just a little hole in the wall breakfast and lunch joint, but the food is good and they are generous with their portions. The staff is friendly and helpful about what kinds of things to see in the surrounding Death Valley area. If we ever return to Beatty, we will definitely be returning to Mel's Diner.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Old time style diner, bright with fun decor. Very friendly staff, great service. I had an Ortega burger, and it was excellent! The hamburger patty was hand formed, not one of those thin pre-made ones. The fries were copious and so delicious that it was hard to stop eating them! I'd eat here again!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

there were many places like Mel's. Not so much any more. Our group of four were pleased and satisfied by our breakfast on the way to Rhyolite. This is the way local restaurants served food before the big restaurant chains drove them out of business. I wasn't that hungry so I ordered the short stack of blueberry pancakes. I don't ever recall eating these before that were so oozing with blueberries. It was like one fifth fruit. And yes it was good. Eveyone in our group seemed to be pleased with their food.
Yes, I would go there again and again. Hey, when you are on vacation, you love great value!