“Pretty much in the middle of nowhere”
Review of Death Valley Inn

Death Valley Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Beatty
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Our room was bigger than I expected based on the pictures online. Considering we were in the middle of nowhere, I really have no complaints. However the fact that it is in the middle of nowhere, a continental breakfast would have been nice to get started with when we left early in the morning. There's not much in this town if you're looking for food. But the beds were comfortable and we had a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank OregonTraveler7

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stopped here on our way from Las Vegas to Death Valley.
The staff were polite and the room was okay. Comfortable, clean and worth what we paid. The pool was great after our drive.
Only stayed one night and got up early to go to Death Valley next day.
Beatty was good as it is very close to Death Valley, there was a great diner opposite the hotel called Mels Diner which did great breakfasts, and the sweet and nut store just past and opposite fuel station was great too and worth a visit.
Would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LordLJeavons
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Also known as Death Valley inn & RV Park. Myself and girlfriend stayed here one night in September 2012 after a day in Death Valley. It was a perfect place to stay as we were able to stay in Death Valey until dark and then drive to it. Checkin was simple and our room, although not much from the outside, was adequately sized and had a good big bed. Clean and tidy. We got something to eat at a pub/bar in town on the main road (to LA) / 1st street, opposite a garage. It had benches outside and the food was great and after a day in Death Valley the beer went down well!! The staff and other customers were really friendly. We had a good nights sleep at the RV park. Recommended for a one night stop.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank emporerpenguin
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Made my reservation over the phone 4 months ago for one night in August. I was quoted a price of $69.95 & was given a confirmation #25333. Arrived and the lady helping us was the rudest, most impatient person I've ever experienced at a hotel. She seemed so overwhelmed and annoyed because there was a "race" going on thru town and they were booked solid. You'd think she'd be happy about this. She proceeds to tell me that the price for "ALL ROOMS TONIGHT ARE $125 DOLLARS!!" I show her my paper with my confirmation, explain that I NEVER received a phone call, email or anything to tell me that the price was going to be raised to $125. She didn't care. It was like my reservation didn't even matter. If I'd had known this, we would have stayed in Vegas instead but it was already 9pm and we were too tired to drive. I asked for the manager and she said "I AM THE MANAGER!" Wow, the rudest woman I've ever encountered. She should be sitting in an office where she doesn't have to talk to anyone. We will NEVER stay here again. First time, last time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
10  Thank racerX_12
Reviewed August 16, 2012

It's smelly. It's small. It looks as rooms can be booked for an hour...
There we not enough towels in our room, so we asked for more. Wanna know what the answer was? Sorry we are out of towels....
Internet was very poor and so on and so on.

The pool was ok though and yes, there was soap in the shower. (which was very dirty...)

Look further or drive on to Vegas.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank MichielMazel
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stopped for the night on the way to Reno. We stopped fairly early and went across the street to have something to eat before checking in. The woman at the front desk, while friendly, was a little scattered. She asked housekeeping to get our rooms ready and told us it would be about an hour. She took my cell number and called me as soon as the room was ready (we went to do laundry on the property) so it worked out great for us. We got a king room and it was of good size, bed was comfortable and the room clean. We liked the fridge and micro. The pool area was nice but the water too cold (not heated) for me to enjoy it. Breakfast is not included but there is a good diner across the street. Other reviews said there is no shampoo etc. and they are right, odd for a motel but remember to bring your own. This is a convenient motel for anyone wanting to visit Death Valley. The linens were new and fresh and the wifi worked well for our friends. The outside of this motel is very well groomed and I have no complaints with the room but . . . the owner could and should do something with the office/lobby. He/she has two big rooms on either side of the office that would make a nice lounge on one side and some kind of food establishment on the other that could make something simple like sandwiches, burgers, dogs, pizza etc. Just a thought. All in all we'd have no problem staying again on our way to Reno or Vegas.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2012

It has all basic amenities. Free wifi works only in some areas. No restaurant and No Breakfast. Just good old room. If you are travelling to Las Vegas and want to stay for a night then its a great place.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business