“Excellent motel for price” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Death Valley Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Beatty
Kirkland, Washington
“Excellent motel for price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights while visiting Death Valley. Rooms have great bed, tv, coffee pot, small frig and microwave. Also a pool on premises and laundromat next door at RV park. The noise was not an issue for us as stated in one review. Across street from great breakfast place Mel's Diner. This motel is clean, a Great value and half the price of staying in Death Valley National park. Beatty is friendly town with cheap gas and good food at reasonable prices.

Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Polish first
Napa, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

I stayed two nights at the Death Valley Inn while visiting Death Valley National Park. It is located approximately 30 miles northeast of the park in Beatty NV. The drive between the two were easy and without much traffic. I am actually grateful for this little town and it's inexpensive prices for food, gas, and lodging. The town was easy to find your away around. I definitely always drove the speed limit since I heard about tickets being given out on a regular basis.

As for the hotel. Check-in was a little slow but that was fine. It was just a busy time where everyone else was checking in at the end of the day. I asked for a first floor room since I had a lot of bags that I did not want to drag up stairs. There are no elevators. Parking was plentiful and I got spots in front of my room both days.

The room had a coffee maker and refrigerator which I always look for when out on road trips. It was a basic room but most importantly it appeared clean. The bed was not the most comfortable. I did not even try the internet since I read other reviews about it being slow. I also had to plug in my computer at the outlet by the chair and ottoman since I could not find an outlet by the desk. The room had an old television with about 20 or so channels. Housekeeping sprayed some sort of air freshener in the room which I personally did not care for but after leaving the door open for about an hour, it was gone. There was an ice-maker at the corner end of the hotel.

My only complaint is that I could hear every step of the people upstairs and it was loud. Fortunately, it was not all night, just for a few hours when people were relaxing from their outings. I also got up very early so missed it in the morning. If you are a light sleeper this may bother your and I would recommend just asking for a second floor room.

There were restaurants within walking distance and a gas station/convenience store around the corner. There is even a casino at the other end of town and a nut place that I drove by but did not go into. Overall, it was good stay. The price was right, the staff were nice, and it met my basic needs.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are probably quieter
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank WorldWanderer99
Bolsward, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

Death Vally Inn is a very modest motel. The rooms are big and clean, but they didn't look so modern. A bit simple, but everything was there, everything was functional, so we slept well.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Brussels
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

we have spent a night just before going to the death valley. The staff was nice, the rooms were clean and nicely decorated. The hotel has a fast internet connection, enough parking places.
You have all conditons for a good rest before going to the Death valley.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Southern California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

Just finished 3 night stay here and this is a very nice motel at a pretty good price. The room was clean and in great shape, having been remodeled about 4 years ago the clerk at the front desk said. In fact, the entire motel was rebuilt, so the outside looks brand new. I really have no complaints about this place and would highly recommend it to anyone and stay here again myself. I guess if I had to nit pick, the shower was hard to regulate the temperature, turning cold even after I had set my temp, so I had to adjust it several times during my shower.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

We've stayed at this motel twice now and the funny thing both times we've been given the same room. The room was clean and the bed was good enough to get a decent nights sleep. My big complaint is the shower. The water kept changing temperature. One minute it was hot enough to burn you the next so cold you froze. Took a while to shower as you had to keep moving away from the spray until it would equalize out and you could stand in it again. For breakfast go across the street to the diner their food is excellent.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

We were at Beatty two different nights. I got scared off of this one because of the poor reviews and booked the El Portal for our first night. That wasn't available for our second night, so I went with the Death Valley Inn. (El Portal was ok, but junkier. Better wifi though.)

Our room was updated, freshly painted, and quite nice. Very clean. WiFi was slow but serviceable (one of our 2 rooms had an ethernet connection which was much faster). Main pool was ICE COLD (mid-March) but the hot tub was good. All in all a very good value!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family