The Atomic Inn
$87
$72
$69
Motel 6
The Ranch at Death Valley(Death Valley National Park)
$368
$212
Hotels.com
  • Pool
The Inn at Death Valley(Death Valley National Park)
$253
bedfinder
$91
$88
Hotels.com
Amargosa Opera House and Hotel(Death Valley Junction)
$85
  • Free Internet
No availability for your dates from our partners
Stovepipe Wells Village Hotel(Death Valley National Park)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsdeath valleyin townthe main dragfriendly placeflat screen tvrhyolite ghost townc unitgas stationsmall fridgelas vegasroad tripfurnace creekcharacterdesertnevadapanelingmiles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We were looking for a place to stay before heading to Death Valley and were a little "spooked" by the first review... While it was not the Four Seasons, it was clean, convenient and fun. The manager was happy to give us travel advice, information on the town and was incredibly friendly. We did have a brief issue with the WIFI, but really, this place is in the middle of no-where. The rooms were well kept and comfortable. Very fun - you won't forget staying @ the Atomic inn.

Room Tip: The ones in the front are the best if you are comfortable being near the road. I recommend closer to the office if possible.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
atomicinnmanager, Manager at The Atomic Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

We are in the perfect location on the way to Death Valley. We love being able to give advice and travel tips to those that stay with us. Come see us again soon!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

A friend and I were doing a couple days of hiking and siteseeing around Death Valley and stopped here for a night. I was quite happy with what they provided - a clean bed in an air conditioned room - nothing more. I had no expectations regarding anything else. Once you look at it from the outside, you know your expectations should remain simple - hot water, clean towels & linens. The TV was just a bonus! I'd put this at 3 1/2 stars - but there is not an option to use half stars, so I upped it to 4 due to the friendliness of the lovely young lady that checked us in!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
atomicinnmanager, Manager at The Atomic Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Our rooms have everything you'd expect: comfortable bed, clean linens, flat screen tvs, dvd players, refrigerators, microwaves, and free wi-fi. One thing you don't expect is our unique decor.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We booked The Atomic Inn based on earlier Trip Advisor reviews, which were mixed, but on the whole reasonably positive. We needed a crash place after driving from Yosemite through Death Valley.

Unfortunately we were given a room right on the end of the motel, so we had no wifi reception. Which was disappointing as you only had to walk a few rooms towards reception and we had reception.

Ok so the room was cheap, but you don't expect to find the previous guests dirty towels still hanging up on the back of the bathroom door. Nor do you expect to find a lot of long, dark hairs on the blanket covering the bed - which was immediately stripped off. Perhaps we should have asked to change rooms then, but we knew the motel was at full capacity, we were tired, we figured it was a cheap option and we weren't staying longer than one night. But in the morning I woke up to find a string of bedbug bites on my shoulder. I've backpacked through Australia before and unfortunately from previous experience, I know bedbug bites from mozzie bites. Not great.

We hopped skipped out as soon as we could in the morning.

We don't like to leave negative reviews on Trip Advisor, as we appreciate this is someone's livelihood at the end of the day, however, with a catalog of dirtiness in the room such as the above, I really can't warrant a positive review I'm afraid. Cleanliness isn't hard to get right, even at the prices you pay at Atomic Inn.

Room Tip: If you do stay here (!) try to get a room close to reception, both for security and wifi access.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
atomicinnmanager, Manager at The Atomic Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

We apologize if you've had a bad experience with us, this was not our intention. Please let us assure you that we do keep all of our rooms clean and well maintained. If the room was less than satisfactory we are sorry. Please also let us assure you that we have not ever had bed bugs. Our rooms, mattresses, bedding are cleaned and sanitized on a regular basis. Do not let one poor stay affect future visits. We do invite you back.

Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

After reading the most recent revues was a bit worried about staying here . However we found the room to be fine , clean and 70s style with a huge comfy bed . Beatty is a friendly place and the locals made us very welcome and told us alot about the area . It was a change not to stay in a tourist resort and meet some real charachters. The nearby garage has everything you need and the two local bars we tried were great value and friendly . Overall a good location for Death Valley which is vast and can take hours to see . I would say for the money it was value and we were able to park the car right in front of our room .

• Stayed: September 2012

The retro theme of this hotel is what makes people interested in staying here because we're different and not like any other hotel in town. We have a fun and funky vibe. Stay here and take a step back in time.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

The Atomic Inn needs to be avoided at all costs. While staying there for 3 nights and we learnt the service was terrible; no one at the front desk when needed, dirty sheet on beds, walls are basically paper thin and we could hear the people in the next room, the hair dryer did not work, we went to the saloon to eat and when we got back my expensive perfume and my partners hair products were nowhere to be found we went to ask for them back and no one was around to hear our compliant, the tv did not work at first so we had to mess around with the wires and even then we only had a couple of channels properly working, we asked for the continental breakfast which consisted of Danish pastery from which had an expiry date of 2008! This motel surely violates regulations and SHOULD BE CLOSED DOWN!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Chaz228

It's true that we do not have room service or a bell hop available, however our rooms are cleaned and inspected every day. We make sure everything is satisfactory. Our pastries, while store bought for now, will not be in the future. For now I do purchase them, but to say they expired in 2008 is wrong. I know this. Our office is closed from 11am-3pm, but there is always someone here on the property. I'm sure that if you needed something someone on my staff would have been more than happy to accomodate you. Our tvs do work properly, but if there were a problem it is not difficult to ask for help. For you to say that our hotel should be shut down is inappropriate and incredibly false. Future travelers, do not let this fabrication sway you from staying with us. I assure you will have a good stay.