“Thin walls, smoke, and bedbugs”

Stagecoach Hotel and Casino
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Beatty
Reviewed November 13, 2010

Stayed here during a group tour of Death Valley National Park. Casino lacks non-smoking section. Room walls so thin I could still hear my neighbor's TV after two calls to desk to ask it be turned down. Luckily I awoke 3 hours later -- and discovered a bedbug crawling toward me on the white sheets. After I killed it I confirmed my suspicions online. Then I killed its little friend. The maintenance helping me move
to another room and I saw a third emerge from behind the headboard. I had to take a smoking room, but I had no choice. At 5:30 am the manager called me to apologize and offer a "gift' to make up for my trouble: a free dinner coupon -- not to exceed $12.50. Sheesh.

Hopefully, I got to them before they got to me. Followed online recommendations with luggage and clothes. I did purchase a can of bedbug spray but would rather not poison my belongings! I chose to buy a new suitcase for an upcoming trip -- at which I will NOT be staying in a hotel!

• Stayed: November 2010
turtle1122, Manager at Stagecoach Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2010

As told on television and the newspapers the problem with bed bugs is world wide .Yes we have had a couple of incidents concerning bed bugs but the problem was addressed as soon as we were told about it and the room completely stripped and sprayed. We get alot of heavy ttraffic in our hotel and bed bugs can come in on luggage and in clothing etc. Our hotel is very clean and we maintain a healthy environment for our guests. If there are any concerns please feel free to call us at 775-553-2419 and speak with the manager of the hotel. We want our guests to feel comfortable while staying with us. Thank you

Reviewed November 5, 2010

Read entire review!! This hotel offers amenities for all travelers: Lg Rms, comfortable bed & bedding (without bedbugs!......consider the source on THAT one!), TV, Phone, WIFI, Tub/Shower, 2 sinks, refir, lge closet (nice for multiple nights!), 24-hr restaurant, Casino & Lounge, Fuel, & Store and best people around! For non-smokers, it's not a bad trek to restaurant (besides, it's still a Nevada Casino Hotel). GREAT place to park and stay awhile when visiting Death Valley NP.....has all you can need and then some and prices are much less than being in the Park......and hotel offers much more than all others in town!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank gohiker
Reviewed November 4, 2010

There are not many hotels near Death Valley, and this sounded like a good deal. It's pretty clean, but the rooms are very old, the mattresses are old, the bathroom needs updating, etc. There's a small casino and a restaurant with a very limited menu, although it is open 24 hours (breakfast is pretty good). I'm not sure where we'll stay next time, but it won't be here!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Security lacking! Door to parking lot near our room didn't lock and just beyond that was a door that led to the back windows of the rooms between walls! I kept the concealed weapon "unconcealed" that night. Very smoky smelling hallways. Room was very dated, dirty carpet and very small bath area.
On the good side....pool area was nice, spa worked okay...a little cool....pool unheated. The on site restaurant put out good food and lots of it for the price.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2010

My room was heavily infested with bedbugs! I sustained over 100 bites which then caused an allergic reaction. Hotel staff did move me to another room for the rest of my stay but with no way to launder my clothes or sterilize my luggage I probably just brought them to my new room.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2010

The room was above average, and quite satisfactory for someone traveling on a budget. There was no continental breakfast, but the associated restaurant, Rita's Cafe, was very good and reasonably priced for both dinner and breakfast. It was necessary to walk through the casino to get to the restaurant, but that is not unusual in Nevada.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2010

Beatty is a hidden jem! After a night in LV this place was perfect! Hotel was cheap,people were very friendly,and pool area was really nice! The rooms aren't much to look at,very plain but roomy. The casino area wasen't very smoking like alot of other reviews, and some of the machines payed out. Not alot of people there when we stayed which we liked. The only thing I can say is after along day in Death Valley we wanted to come back and sit in the hot tub at night...well it was a cold tub, not sure if it was broke or what but it was as cold as the pool. And the resteraunt they had at the hotel took forever to even get our order, by the time the food came we were falling asleep at the table. Other than that this was a wonderful hotel to stay at!!!!1

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple