“Nice”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Beatty
Brookston
“Nice”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Passing through the area, caught in a desert dust storm found myself searching for a hotel. I came upon the Stagecoach in Beatty. Rooms are reasonably priced for a one night stay. My room was very spacious and clean, comfortable bed. Outside entrances to rooms which makes it nice, two story, no elevators.. My room was on the outer back side away from the casino in separate building. I noticed as I walked around the outside into the casino/hotel portion, the hallways wreaked of smoke due to the casino. The doors to the hotels were marked no smoking, but unfortunately the smell of smoke drifts. My room however, smelled fresh and clean. Beautiful pool, hot-tub area and the front desk staff are really nice. The casino is small, not a Vegas casino, but drinks are on the house as long as you are gambling and the bar staff are fantastic. A Denny's is situated inside of this hotel, but I wasn't too impressed with the food. It was early morning when the desire for an omelet hit me, but it was like rubber. I guess it could have been attributed to the time I ordered it, but they are a 24 hour restaurant, so it shouldn't matter. Would stay again at this hotel...

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from casino to alleviate smelling like an ashtray..
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank mgwds1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Beatty is a small town with several hotels, a casino and little else. It is well located for the more northerly entrances to Death Valley, which was the reason for our stay. We only stayed for one night.
The hotel is a typical small casino hotel. Rooms were OK and adequately clean but showed signs of wear and tear. The previous guests had left several empty bottles of spirits (the room was being made up when we arrived) and the mattress had a water-proof covering under the sheets! Perhaps indicative of the hotel's experience with their guests.
The swimming pool could prove very useful in the hot season.
The hotel is popular with bikers coming from Las Vegas for the weekend and visitors to Death Valley.
There is a Denny's restaurant on-site with access via the casino floor. I don't know if it is separately managed or part of the hotel, but it is very poor. My burger was tough and the salad was just roughly chopped lettuce and a dressing. Service was poor as well.
I didn't book in advance and thought it was too expensive as a walk-in.
I would only stay here again if I couldn't find anywhere better.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dolphin712

Travelers are raving about these Beatty hotels

Roseville, California
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed here after an 18 hour drive from TX on the way to Reno. Didn't have much of a choice as the Motel 6 next to it only had smoking rooms available.

Had to walk thru the casino all the way to the back to talk to someone, as the front desk was closed (12:30AM). We had pulled up in a U-Haul as we were helping a friend move. While I was getting a room, my fiancé was greeted by a rude employee who came out screaming at her that we couldn't leave the truck there. Chill, dude, we're just getting a room and there's like 100 parking spots open.

The employee at the cage who helped us was nice and friendly. The room was old and plain and definitely overpriced. But, hey, there's nothing else around so there's not much of a choice. The sheets were clean but the comforter didn't look clean at all. Old AC in the wall worked well, but was very noisy. Had to buy bottled water at the bar, as we couldn't find a vending machine.

We got up early and left. The employee at front desk during check out was friendly and courteous.

It is what it is - old hotel in the only stop in the valley. Best to keep driving if you can, but it won't kill you to stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Apple Valley, California
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Attempted to make a group reservation over the phone 1month in advance and was told by the front desk agent, she didn't know how. 2 days before our group was arriving I phoned again asking if the rooms could be near one another. The front desk agent said I would need to request that upon check in. When our group arrived at 4 pm we waited 15 minutes before an employee came to the front desk. All guest rooms had been pre-assigned. Front desk agent Dolace, was extremely uncooperative and unfriendly with myself and group. One person in our group was handicapped and given a non handicap room on the 2nd floor. The hotel is old, worn down, dirty and should be condemned. The Motel 6 next door should be your 1st choice when staying in the area. All other motels are run down. If the town wasn't sold out I would have moved hotels. Check your bed for bed bugs if you do stay here.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
DESERTFD, Manager at Stagecoach Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
I would like to apologize again, as I did the morning of your departure, for your poor experience at our hotel. You did not mention our conversation that morning in your post. You told me that you were asked to call back when the Hotel Manager was available, which you chose not to do. If we have advanced notice we try to accommodate as many of our guests needs as we can. But as you stated all of the hotels in Beatty were fully booked on the weekend of your stay. Most reservations were booked months in advance. While the front desk clerk you are speaking about is new, she did accommodate your disabled person by moving her to a downstairs room. We do have handicap rooms but they where already reserved for that weekend. As for the bed bug comment, nothing was found in any of the rooms. Maybe you are not aware but bed bugs are an issue for all hotels, as guests bring them in. Our staff is trained to look for this issue as they clean the rooms. We also have taken the precaution of covering our mattresses with special vinyl covers, for our guests safety. Again I apologize for your poor experience but I find no merit in your complaint. Jeanette O'Dell Hotel Manager Stagecoach Hotel and Casino
Comox, Bc
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Beatty is a popular jumping off spot for Death Valley .The room I stayed in was poor value for the price even though it was in the new part . Lumpy bed, awful pillows . The Casino part was of course smokey and the smoke was very evident in Denny's restaurant on site .Would not stay here again unless forced to .

Room Tip: Always ask to see the room before taking it .
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Sparta
Reviewed February 27, 2014

My wife and I were there for a weeklong program of hiking in Death Valley. The room was average size, with good lighting. The room had a coffee maker and hair dryer, a desk and one chair. The pillows were very thin, and I needed to put two together to equal a normal pillow. I scalded my hand by turning on just the hot water. I like hot - not warm- coffee, so I tried to see if I could make coffee just with the water from the tap. It was as hot as my coffee at home when I microwave cold water for 2 minutes. You have to be very careful when taking a shower to make sure you don't get burned.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 16, 2014

This hotel/casino is such a find in the middle of nowhere. Great staff that works there and convenient after a long day in Death Valley. I played Texas holdem with all the locals in the casino and they gave me the skinny on the people, places and things to do.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family