“Small town, out of this world help!”

Stagecoach Hotel and Casino
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Beatty
Reviewed June 15, 2012

First of all, I never take time to write reviews. but the folks at the stagecoach deserve some recognition, I know from experience people will spend enormous amounts of time filing complaint after complaint for the smallest issues that has nothing to do with the business, or the help, but because they are having a bad day, everyone will suffer with them..... So I am going to put some effort into this review to settle the score. I don't have just one thing to say about one person. I will say the whole staff created an atmosphere that made me feel like a VIP,

My husband and I were on our first vacation in 4 years. We had been buckled down with work children and caring for extended family. We were so excited to go to Las Vegas!!!!! We had planned for a year to make sure everything was covered and we had nothing to worry about. We had planned to drive straight to Las Vegas but My husband got sick and the closest town was "Beatty".. I was so disappointed, I new we would be stuck for a couple of days in this little town. We stopped at the stagecoach and I was anything BUT happy!!. When I walked in to get our room, one of the girls behind the desk gave me the biggest smile.. I took note, her name was Krystal. I did not know that this was the tip of the iceburg as far as professional, kind, and friendly the casino is. I got my husband to our room and got him settled. I decided to go down stairs and have a bite to eat at Denny's. Great food and service too! After dinner I felt very good and decided to hit the tables and I won a little money playing 21. I completely forgot that i wasn't in vegas because of the the help. I decided to sit down for a nite cap and I was pleased at how quick the bartender took my order and gave me my drink, even with a crowded bar. We were there for two days, I must admit.. I forgot we were in a tiny little town that wasn't even on our map. I really be leave the girl at registration ,"Krystal" was the one who made me forget that I was "stuck". I want the employees at the stagecoach to know they were all great. Everyone was just as friendly and professional as she was. I simply can't remember everyones name, and if I did, I would feel horrible to leave someone out because everyone seemed just as kind and professional as Krystal. These people , efficient, kind and go the extra mile to make sure someone is satisfied. I noticed the employees at the stagecoach were all very helpful and happy, which tells me that who ever runs this casino is doing a wonderful job of keeping his employees happy. If you are going through Beatty nv, I highly suggest stopping at the stagecoach just to experience the atmosphere of feeling like a person instead of a number. I will return to Beatty and I will stay at the stagecoach. This dusty little town won me over with a bright smile and professional attitude. I must apologize to the staff, the only name I can remember forsure was "Krystal" at registration because of her smile... But for all of the employees at stagecoach I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for making what could have been a nightmare, into 2 wonderful days of my life, and I will come back to the Stagecoach in Beatty nv, just for the atmosphere and how I was treated.. Everyone had a warm smile and charm about them... The stagecoach in Beatty Nv won my heart and they deserve this review.

Mrs. wood

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sarah w

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Checked in with a surly front desk girl...she was barely civil to us and acted as though we were a terrible bother to her. The AC didn't work, so we tried to open the windows but there were no screens. Guess we are going to bake tonight. I felt something crawling in my hair after I laid in the bed...am terrified it was bed bugs. No soap in the bathroom, no shampoo, no blow dryer and two tiny postage stamp rough towels. TV reception stinks and and two of the light bulbs were burnt out....The only thing that works here is the toilet and the internet but certainly not that cretin behind the front desk or the management.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The desk clerk when we checked in was cute to the point of being rude. The room we were given was at least 80 degrees when we entered. After 2 hours of running the AC the room was still hotter than outside. The windows don't have screens. There is one tiny bar of soap in the room. I am afraid to see how Heather would react if we complained about anything, or requested extra towels.

Don't stay here!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank russ789
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Based on our friends recommendation we decided to stay at this
property. This hotel was a very pleasant stay and meet all of our
needs. The kids really loved the arcade and playing in the swimming
pool. My husband and I enjoyed the free internet and the live musical
performance of the band in the casino.
There is also a 24 hour denny's restaurant located inside the casino
grounds - which was very convenient. The food was tasty and the
service was good. We spend the weekend exploring Death Valley and it
was a great decision. We will definitely be coming back to this
property in the future.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank giulib7
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We thought this would be a expensive motel but nothing seems less where.
leaky faucets , sagging beds , running toilet , reasonable internet.
but.....they have a nice casino and you have a delicious dinner inside by Danny's
When we were there in april the pool is not already in use , we felt that a pity because it was already nice and warm outside

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ronloris
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We checked out the night we checked in. As soon as I crawled into bed I had a bed bug right next to me on the sheet. We killed it on the sheet to prove we were telling the truth. We ended up traveling another 97 miles to another hotel at 11:00 at night. The next morning we called the Stagecoach to make sure our credit card was not charged. They said they had to verify that there were in fact bed bugs. They called back and confirmed that there were bed bugs and said that we would not be charged and that they were sorry for the inconvenience. I believe this experience was more than an inconvenience.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Shirley W
DESERTFD, Manager at Stagecoach Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Dear Shirley,
I am very sorry about your poor experience at the Stagecoach Hotel and Casino. I understand how inconvenient and frustrating having to leave for another hotel at 11:00 pm can be. We would have been more than happy to provide you with a better room. We seldom find bed bugs here; but as we are heading into bug season, fighting bed bugs is an everyday battle and we take the matter very seriously. The room you stayed in had been searched and dealt with immediately the next day when the appropriate staff became available. I do understand the situation could have been handled better and once again I apologize for that too.
I hope you have a good day and better luck in your future endeavors,
Hotel Manager,
-Krystal Lambert

Reviewed May 19, 2012

This hotel is a joke, lets start with the room, the room was not clean, the door to enter the room does not fit right or tight allowing heat or anything else in, the staff is worthless and this place is run down, not to mention at 9:00 am while trying to sleep the housekeeping staff is rolling carts across the second floor which makes a very loud noise and they do not care who they wake up and since they are trying to remodel the back of the hotel they were pounding loudly on the walls by 9:30 am so no one could sleep even after getting in late while moving to a new place, they should of informed us of the remodel so we could of decided if we wished to stay, but nothing was ever said, the food is horrid and the casino needs to be flattened and redone and the staff needs to be replaced I will never stay in this dump again and I will warn everyone about it, and those comments that like this place you need to see what a real hotel and casino is like because if you like this place you either need to open your eyes or learn what a real hotel is

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family