“Workstation stay ever. House of horrer”

and 1 more site!
Battle Mountain Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Battle Mountain
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

This is the worst place ever. Lady at front desk very very rude. Need to send to classes for politeness. Did not want to do anything. She needs to be replace. The room was very very very bad. I will never stay there again in my life time.

• Stayed: November 2012
There are newer reviews for Battle Mountain Inn

Reviewed September 29, 2012

To spend a night or more.! I recently got sick in my semi-truck leaving Oregon,and decided to stop at the Flying J truck stop in Battle Mountain,Nevada.

This motel was but 2 blocks away so I decided to check it out....Nice,clean and big rooms with microwave and fridge,and very friendly staff also with a price which would be hard to beat..:)

Also there is a GREAT restaurant adjacent to this motel...Trust me..I am a fussy eater. I will be staying there again...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Brian N
Reviewed September 12, 2012

The first night I arrived at a little after 10 pm, only to find that the front office was closed, and I was supposed to go to the adjacent truck stop to check in, if I had a reservation. I got my key there, and when I opened the room, it smelled like a room where someone had smoked, and then the hotel did an inadequate job of cleaning it up (it was a non smoking room). Even worse, the water was running from the tap in the bath, loud enough that it kept me up most of the night. The toiiet was also faulty; I had to left the cover and push down the valve to make sure the water wouldn't keep running. Of course there was no question of getting another room since the office was closed.

The next morning, I had some early morning commitments so I couldn't check out right away (I was here for the week) and so I ended up staying a second night before moving to the Super 8. They did find another room for me. I come back to the second room this evening after working in the desert, only to find that the shower doesn't work. I can hardly wait to get out of here.

Room Tip: absolutely to be avoided at all costs.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I was coming home from a long drive and decided to stay half way in Battle Mtn to get some rest before driving home. We checked in and there was a bunch of kids in the lobby and the lady was laying on the couch and took about 3 minutes to get up to help me. Went to our room and it was okay, smelled kind of funny. Well that was just the beginning. Went to wash my hands and the sink would not drain, I called the front desk and they brought a plunger and said do this yourself I don't want to do it. Well I was mad but thought okay I will just do it and let it go. No luck the sink was in bad shape. I called and they moved us to a different room. Well the sink worked so I guess that was a plus this time. Well at Midnight we heard arguing and just let it go cause they had a lot of people in the room next to us. Went to sleep and at 2am someone knocked on our door. We opened up and some drunk person that you could hardly understand was looking for someone, we said not here. Well next thing you know they are arguing again in the next room. 1 hour later I have the cops beating on our door, opened it and had to explain to them everything that was going on. 5am here we go again the neighbors were arguing again. This point after trying to get rest in the hotel we decided to just get ready and leave. Worst night I have ever had and this is a hotel I would never stay in again. When we went to check out it was around 7 or 8 cant exatly remember but the lady was sleeping this time. I had to wake her up. Once I did I explained everything that had went on the night before and asked for a refund due to the issues with the hotel and that is was a little creepy having cops and everything show up and I was glad we were adults and had no kids with us. She refused to refund and said she would talk to the people in the room next to us. I was very nice to her and said well you will not get business from me again and I will review your place. White trash was the word I wanted to use refused to do that and just kept my thoughts to myself. The casino next to it is also horrible! Good luck if you stay here and I wish you the best. No price is worth the way you will be treated at any hotel..

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Blake B
Reviewed September 7, 2011

The room was decorated nicely with an artistically crafted chair made out of branches, and I liked the organic shampoo and conditioner they offered. There was a fridge and microwave, and the TV had enough channels on it. Breakfast is a bowl of cereal, and the bathroom had a red light in it for some reason. It is right next to the train tracks, so you hear the train a lot. I also didn't get a good night's sleep for a whole week while staying there because at 4 am the first neighbor would take his shower to make it to the mine on time. At 5 am the other neighbor would take his, and the sound of diesel pickup trucks running in the parking lot lasts a good 3 hours from 4am all the way to 6am. If you work in one of the mines and need your neighbor to wake you up at 4am to go to work, this is a great place for you to stay. Get some earplugs if you like to sleep in.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank ABQAnnie
Reviewed October 26, 2010

This is a very old hotel and is very noisy, near the train and a the windows are not double paned. You can hear conversations in the parking lot. The restaurant next door has burned down and there are no other restaurants, stores, or fast food near-by. The Non-smoking room smelled like smoke. The bathroom sink had rust all over it, carpet was dirty, No soap at the bathroom sink, not worth the passing through $70 rate that you have to pay to get a night in a hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank horse8feathers
Reviewed September 25, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Battle Mountain Inn last week for one night -- a very long and sleepless night. The motel is located right across the street from the train tracks. If you are a less than very heavy sleeper, don't stay here! The trains went through town all night with lots of noise to accompany them. The Inn has very inexpensive rooms. The room was clean, although very old and dated. The bathroom was clean and the shower had plenty of hot water. They did supply a small shampoo, a sliver of soap and a lotion. They do not have hair dryers. The room is equipped with a fairly new refrigerator and microwave oven and tv. It needs a lot of TLC -- walls need to be repaired, new draperies, etc. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast consisted of cereals - the cold variety and also packets of oatmeal and Cream of Wheat -- toast, bagels, coffee and juice. Not bad. If you want a cheap, clean place to stay, this is it. It's terribly noisy, though. There are better choices on I-80.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 41grandma

Been to Battle Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!