“Convience of parking,”

Best Western Plus York Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in York
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were in U-Haul pulling trailer, nice to have restaurant on site ,had nice evening meal, then Breakfast in the morning, Friendly staff .;Liked so well stop on return trip home.Had same service on return trip,Friendly staff .Clean comfortable room

Room Tip: We got on first floor, easier when you have luggage. Plus close to restaurant
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus York Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Close to the interstate and easy to get to. Check in and out is quick and easy. No elevator, but only 2 floors. No refer and no microwave in the room. Hallways and lobby were very warm. Needs a little refreshing. Wouldn't have any problem staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Adak C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus York Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Adak C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Dawn was wonderful! We checked in late at night because of a long drive, and the stay was for a funeral. She helped us get the bereavement rate, and upgraded our room. The room was clean, and the breakfast at the Applebee's was just fine. The staff was clearly having fun behind the desk and went beyond what we expected to make us smile. In York, this is the place to stay. Did not use pool, but it was a nice size, and indoors.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was concerned because of past negative reviews but needed a room for the night. Room was clean, but overall this Holiday Inn is showing its age. Every other Holiday Inn/Holiday Inn Express where I have stayed (and that's quite a few) have been up-to-date with a good-to-excellent breakfast included. This one has neither, but choices in York are very limited. For myself, I probably will drive through next trip, and skip York altogether. PS--I don't care for Appleby's so that is NOT a reason for me to stay anywhere.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus York Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear BRR0407,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. I am pleased to know that you found our room clean and bed comfortable. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. As for the breakfast, free continental breakfast is offered at our Holiday Inn Express chains, I see that you have stayed in a Holiday Inn which is a full service hotel. They offer a variety of services and amenities such as full service restaurants where you can order your meals.

I trust that the above issue will not deter you from choosing us as your hotel in the future.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I was a little apprehensive booking this property because of some mixed reviews. It was very busy when we checked in around 6:30pm. The lobby was full of people waiting to get in to Apple-bees.The front desk staff was friendly and efficient though. After the dinner hour was over it cleared out quite a bit. I think many locals eat here. I found the room to be clean and well maintained. It is rather spartan but more than enough for a one night stay. It was actually nicely decorated and the bed seemed newer and comfortable with good pillows. The bath was clean and had fluffy towels and lotions that I didn't expect to find at this price point. We didn't use the pool but I looked at it and it also seemed nice and clean. Breakfast wasn't included but coffee and hot water are complimentary 24/7. We went to the on-property Apple-bees for breakfast and it was good and reasonable with a large menu.

The only negative I found was that the the parking lot was not well lit. There were light poles but they didn't seem to be working.

Overall this was a nice place to stay. Much better than I expected for this location, right on the interstate. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on the south side of the property if you're bothered by interstate traffic noise. It didn...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Arrived very late, actually early morning on the way to my husband's fathers' funeral.
When we turned down the sheets they were wet from the mattress up. No leaky roof. Entire bed and bed ruffle wet. DISGUSTING!!
After waiting quite a while we were moved to a room that was filthy. Had hairs on the phone and elsewhere. The room was very dusty.
The next morning I asked to be credited for half or all charges as to the conditions of the room. I was told I would recieve a call after the manager spoke to the General Manager.
No phone call. I followed up one week later and they decided to mail us out points.
Still waiting. .

• Stayed: April 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus York Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear skeder,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I would greatly appreciate further information regarding your stay in order that I can investigate further.

I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Regards,

Brenda J.
eMedia Coordinator

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn again in York, NE with no real problems. The beds are good and the rooms are clean. There is no breakfast at this hotel. Parking looks full but the area where you park is usually open. There is a Applebee's in the hotel so they get a lot of visitors. Thr ooms are clean but very little ammenities. No complaints but do remember it is a place to sleep and good for that. Price is fair. The indoor pool was closed for maintenance.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dave H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus York Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Dave H,