“Ehhh ok could have been great”
Review of Hampton Inn York

Hampton Inn York
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in York
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Nice location, good parking, nice pool.breakfast ok but some food got really old and inedible by 9am. When crawling in bed found sheets lose and untucked, hair and when looking closer some type of stain. My son already in bed looked again at his bed and found the same. Got a new room but no apology! Unreal to me. No matter where or who i worked for i would have opened and closed the interaction with an apology and perhaps a follow up call to the room to ensure the issues was resolved and the guest happy. Filled out a survey a response may recover my future business as i will make several trips a year to York and sw Omaha.

• Stayed: October 2012
ManagerYork, General Manager at Hampton Inn York, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel and for taking the time to voice your comments about your accomodations. I am sorry that we did not meet all of your expectations. Please bring a copy of this correspondance with you upon your next opportunity to visit our area to receive a discount off your stay as well as to give me an opportunity to meet you in person and confirm that we do all possible to ensure you a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We went crossing Nebraska and decided to stop for the night. We happened to be at York, NE, and saw the Hampton Inn sign when we exited I-80. The staff are very helpful and friendly. They give the good old 'Nebraska' hospitality! All the people we have been around are so genuine. It is refreshing to know there are still people like that. Room is great and very quiet. We even over-slept, it was so quiet. Very good, complimentary breakfast. The best help was when we had settled into our room, we went to the fron desk to ask for a good restaruant. We were directed to Chances R in downtown York What a great experience! The review will be done next.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Chaseins
ManagerYork, General Manager at Hampton Inn York, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2016

We are hoping you will remember us upon your next opportunity to visit our area. We will be glad to share our Midwestern hospitality with you again! Have a great summer!

Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

What a godsend. Clean and attractive. Large TV. Pool and hot tub in attached building are open late. The breakfast included pre-made cheese omelettes with salsa, a waffle iron, yogurt (yoplait), and pineapple and grapefruit chunks, among cereals and meats and so on.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed September 4, 2012

we drove for 10 hours arriving in york about 11:30 pm.....the desk clerk greeted us with a joyfull good evening and very courteous also....we got our room and crashed....room was excellent,quiet,and cool...morning arrived too early, but finally did get up for a tasty hot breakfast....this was our second time at this hotel..we had accomodations across I-80 but did not measure up to a clean,cool,quiet room with a hot breakfast...great place to stop for the night.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ken a

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed here for one night on our way back from vacation! I called ahead for reservations and the lady was real nice. We checked in late evening and the lady said they had our name messed up and she kept trying to change it on the computer, but apparently didn't succeed in correcting it. Anyway, the room was very nice and bedding very clean! They serve a very nice continental breakfast which includes egg and cheese omelets and waffles. I do have one question for Hampton Inn? Why would you have these lovely furnishings that are so nice and then stick pictures in your rooms that are disgustingly, poor modern art. It does not go with the furnishings that look more Victorian. It would be much nicer to have a lovely scene to look at that would be relaxing than to look up and keep trying to figure out what in the world is that! You go all out on furnishings and then ruin it with the modern art that doesn't match the period furnishings.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 8, 2012

As a Diamond Honors member of the Hilton Chains, I stay at a lot of Hampton Inns when away from major population centers. For the most part, there is not a lot of difference from one property to another, but when one stands out as notably above or below the average, I try to review them for other Honors members benefit. The York Nebraska Hampton Inn falls in the below average category. Here, the management's single-minded operational strategy seems to be that of minimizing costs.

After checking in at just after 5pm, I got on the elevator to the third floor. The elevator floor may have been cleaned at some time, but certainly not for several days before my check in. The hall floor was worse--covered with bits of all kinds of stuff. On opening the door to the room, it was immediately apparent that the carpet was not clean. But the real surprise was to come when I went to use the stool in the bathroom. It was full of paper. I flushed the stool, but the paper just swirled around as the water rose and nearly ran over.

I called the front desk telling them the stool was plugged. Please believe me, I'm not making this up: the woman at the front desk told me to come down and get a plunger and unplug it myself! OK. That was an absolute first in my decades of hotel stays in more than 60 countries around the world: I had to unplug the stool before I used it the first time! In other words, I had to plunge out the crap of the previous resident!

I won't go into further details about the place except to note that the poor breakfast lady had to manage the breakfast room--the hotel was completely full--AND at the same time, man the front desk.

This Hampton Inn needs serious corporate attention.

Room Tip: Seriously consider another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank velho2016
ManagerYork, General Manager at Hampton Inn York, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We also apologize for the treatment you received from our front desk staff – please be assured this is not typical. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.

Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

Location is perfect. Right off I-80 so very easy to get to. There is a Walmart right next door and a Starbucks. Applebees is just on the other side of I-80.

Room 206 - sheets smelled like they had not been used for awhile. Room smelled a bit musty. Shower door needs to be replaced or a really really good cleaning. Found a wash cloth hanging in shower from prior guest. Some mold on corners of shower. Towels are very thin - could use new towels. Room needs to be updated - both chairs were very worn and dirty.

Just okay and overpriced for condition. Should be $79 not $115.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Riley1956
ManagerYork, General Manager at Hampton Inn York, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thank you for letting us know what you think. I understand that the appearance of you room was a concern, and we are working to correct the issue. We’re always looking for ways to improve or update our guest room amenities and this will be a great help! I’ve also contacted housekeeping regarding your experience with the outdated sheets and leftover wash cloth. We’re currently checking into any mold issues in our guest bathrooms. I do hope the next time your travels bring you to the area you will stay with us at our hotel; we would love to have you. Thank you!