Hampton Inn York
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
  • Free Internet
All reviewsfront deskcomplimentary breakfastnice hotelpool and hot tubwarm cookiesstaff was friendlywalk in showerroom was cleanright next doorgreat stopeasy accessstay there againfitness centeroatmealgrand islandsmall townconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 4, 2012

we drove for 10 hours arriving in york about 11:30 pm.....the desk clerk greeted us with a joyfull good evening and very courteous also....we got our room and crashed....room was excellent,quiet,and cool...morning arrived too early, but finally did get up for a tasty hot breakfast....this was our second time at this hotel..we had accomodations across I-80 but did not measure up to a clean,cool,quiet room with a hot breakfast...great place to stop for the night.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ken a
ManagerYork, General Manager at Hampton Inn York, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2016

We are hoping you will remember us upon your next opportunity to visit our area. We will be glad to share our Midwestern hospitality with you again! Have a great summer!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed here for one night on our way back from vacation! I called ahead for reservations and the lady was real nice. We checked in late evening and the lady said they had our name messed up and she kept trying to change it on the computer, but apparently didn't succeed in correcting it. Anyway, the room was very nice and bedding very clean! They serve a very nice continental breakfast which includes egg and cheese omelets and waffles. I do have one question for Hampton Inn? Why would you have these lovely furnishings that are so nice and then stick pictures in your rooms that are disgustingly, poor modern art. It does not go with the furnishings that look more Victorian. It would be much nicer to have a lovely scene to look at that would be relaxing than to look up and keep trying to figure out what in the world is that! You go all out on furnishings and then ruin it with the modern art that doesn't match the period furnishings.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 8, 2012

As a Diamond Honors member of the Hilton Chains, I stay at a lot of Hampton Inns when away from major population centers. For the most part, there is not a lot of difference from one property to another, but when one stands out as notably above or below the average, I try to review them for other Honors members benefit. The York Nebraska Hampton Inn falls in the below average category. Here, the management's single-minded operational strategy seems to be that of minimizing costs.

After checking in at just after 5pm, I got on the elevator to the third floor. The elevator floor may have been cleaned at some time, but certainly not for several days before my check in. The hall floor was worse--covered with bits of all kinds of stuff. On opening the door to the room, it was immediately apparent that the carpet was not clean. But the real surprise was to come when I went to use the stool in the bathroom. It was full of paper. I flushed the stool, but the paper just swirled around as the water rose and nearly ran over.

I called the front desk telling them the stool was plugged. Please believe me, I'm not making this up: the woman at the front desk told me to come down and get a plunger and unplug it myself! OK. That was an absolute first in my decades of hotel stays in more than 60 countries around the world: I had to unplug the stool before I used it the first time! In other words, I had to plunge out the crap of the previous resident!

I won't go into further details about the place except to note that the poor breakfast lady had to manage the breakfast room--the hotel was completely full--AND at the same time, man the front desk.

This Hampton Inn needs serious corporate attention.

Room Tip: Seriously consider another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank velho2016
ManagerYork, General Manager at Hampton Inn York, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We also apologize for the treatment you received from our front desk staff – please be assured this is not typical. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.

Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

Location is perfect. Right off I-80 so very easy to get to. There is a Walmart right next door and a Starbucks. Applebees is just on the other side of I-80.

Room 206 - sheets smelled like they had not been used for awhile. Room smelled a bit musty. Shower door needs to be replaced or a really really good cleaning. Found a wash cloth hanging in shower from prior guest. Some mold on corners of shower. Towels are very thin - could use new towels. Room needs to be updated - both chairs were very worn and dirty.

Just okay and overpriced for condition. Should be $79 not $115.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Riley1956
ManagerYork, General Manager at Hampton Inn York, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thank you for letting us know what you think. I understand that the appearance of you room was a concern, and we are working to correct the issue. We’re always looking for ways to improve or update our guest room amenities and this will be a great help! I’ve also contacted housekeeping regarding your experience with the outdated sheets and leftover wash cloth. We’re currently checking into any mold issues in our guest bathrooms. I do hope the next time your travels bring you to the area you will stay with us at our hotel; we would love to have you. Thank you!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

The hubby and I stopped for the night while on a road trip, so we just needed a convenient, clean, comfortable place to sleep and grab breakfast in the morning before we continued on our way. The Hampton Inn in York fit the bill nicely.

Even though we arrived after 9pm, there was someone at the front desk to greet us and get us checked in right away. Our room was clean, it had a nice, big shower, the bed was comfortable, and there was a large flat screen TV for us to veg out in front of before drifting off to sleep. My only criticism for the room is that the towels had seen better days.

In the morning, we were pleased with the selection and cleanliness of the breakfast area. They had hot items such as eggs, sausage, and a waffle maker, as well as cold items such as fruit, cereal, and pastries, along with a few different kinds of fruit juices. They also had a dedicated staff member keeping it stocked and cleaned.

I wouldn't consider this a "destination" hotel, but it was exactly what we needed on our road trip.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple