“Well Kept Motel 6”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in York
Pitkin, Colorado
“Well Kept Motel 6”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

OK, it's a Motel 6, not a Hilton, but it's an above-average Motel 6. Comfortable bed, a little on the hard side, which we actually prefer. We stayed in a handicap-accessible room, and it was very efficient, lots of space. Everything including carpet was very clean. Room air conditioner was not obnoxiously noisy as often is the care.

A room coffee-maker would have been nice. We don't drink motel coffee but always carry envelopes of Starbucks Via and our own ceramic cups, and just use the little room coffee makers to heat water. Could not do that.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
York, Nebraska
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I have been staying here for a few weeks. I completely dispute the smell of marijuana and rude staff members. The Staff have been very helpful and courteous. I have not had any issues with guest being loud in the halls, as tends to be the case in most hotels.
I will continue to stay here every time I come through York, NE

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank John H
Roseville, Minnesota, USA
Reviewed February 7, 2014

The quality of the room isn't the issue with this place. The problem is General Manager Ann Lammers.

I paid for a room online and paid more for an upgraded room with a fridge, etc. I get there and find out that they stripped all of the fridges, etc. out of all of their rooms.

So I ask for the regular room rate. After all, why should I pay for an upgrade when it is not available. The answer I get is that between the time I reserved my room and the day I arrived, they raised their room rates. So tough, the rate stays the same.

The dollars at stake is not the issue here. If the upgrade I paid for isn't available, then I shouldn't have to pay the upgraded price.

Then she blames Motel 6 national office for not changing their online prices promptly. She says they tried for months and that I actually was supposed to pay more. Then she goes on this tangent about the building being under construction and she has to work overtime, etc.

With all due respect, I haven't had a day off in several years as a small business owner. I bring my work with me everywhere I go.

While I appreciate that you are in a cast and are hobbling around on crutches, you can't put that upon the customers.

Then she tells me that the only way she will give me the regular rate for the non-upgrade room (yes she finally admits that there was a two price structure) is if I could provide her printed proof that they were offering the two rates at the time I reserved my room. Well that's sort of impossible and she knew it because who prints out the room options? No you only print out the reservation which stated, "2 Queen Beds Non-Smoking, Micro-Fridge". I showed it to her and she said that this wasn't good enough.

I ask her for the contact information for her boss. She gives me a card with the hotel info on it. Then I have to ask for the bosses name and phone number. That person was Brad Johnson at 308-382-5501. He works for Bosselman Companies which is a large corporate giant in Nebraska that owns a number of businesses.

Here is the icing of the cake, after Ann finally gives me the Brad's info, she then promptly tells me that if I call Brad, he will back her up 100%. That's nice customer service.

Bottom line is that as a small business owner, time is money and it wasn't worth my time to contact Brad.

I'll be passing through Grand Island, NE again in the near future. Maybe I will stop in and have a conversation with Brad or his boss Charlie Bosselman, if it is worth my time. Maybe I'll bring along the latest unemployment numbers in central Nebraska and let them know that there are plenty of people looking for jobs there, and I am sure he can find someone that will deliver better customer service than Ann Lamers.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank PoliticalTraveler

Travelers are raving about these York hotels

Frisco, Texas
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I had a good experience at the Motel 6 in York, Nebraska. The check in girl (Dana) was very nice and she even suggested a way to get a discount that I was not aware of so I was very pleased with that. The room was clean and everything worked great so what more can you ask for than that!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Ann L, General Manager at Motel 6 York, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit.
Deer Trail, Colorado
Reviewed November 23, 2013

This is a very clean and comfortable motel with restuarants and gas stations very near by. Very nice set up for watching TV with bigger TV screen than usual. Front desk personnel are very nice. We stay here quite often.

Room Tip: Most rooms we have stayed in were comfortable. Once the only room we could get was a handicapped an...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Geraldine , mt
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My husband and I and our little dog stayed here for one night, very friendly staff, simple clean modern room , good price. Room has free WiFi , Hbo , comfortable bed , the whole hotel is non smoking and we are smokers but didn't bother at all. Semi truck parking and close to intestate and restaurants, would stay here again !

• Stayed November 2013
Ann L, General Manager at Motel 6 York, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.
Hershey, Nebraska
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

We do not normally stay at this motel chain but are sure glad we decided to stop here! Lady at the front desk was really nice and the room was awesome! I have not been in another hotel room that was decorated as modern as this. It was really nice and clean! We will definitely spread the word and will definitely stay here again!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will stay again soon.