“Love the Soup and Salad bar”

The Kitchen Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 34 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: American
Florida
“Love the Soup and Salad bar”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Enjoyed dinner here . Very fresh soup and salad bar with all that you could dream of on a salad. We also ordered fresh fruit and took slices of pie to go. The food is excellent here and very fresh.

Visited September 2013

Festus, Missouri
“Average”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The restaurant seemed clean and the service was very good. It is an ok place to eat and I would recommend it--nothing fancy but did satisfy our hunger.

• Visited September 2013
Harshaw WI
“A return visit”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

On our way through Nebraska, we decided to give The Kitchen Restaurant a try for a late lunch as we have eaten there several times before. The last time was a disappointment but this stop proved to be much better. Even though our server appeared to be a new hire, she did well. The place was very clean and the salad and soup bar was fresh and inviting. My wife ordered the daily special which included the salad and soup bar for $9.99. I opted for the classic cheese burger. The special was basically a very large hamburger, smothered in a rich onion and mushroom gravy and included mixed veggies, mashed potatoes and gravy. It was nicely prepared, presently nicely and was very good. As it was much more than she could eat, I was given the "responsibility" of finishing it for her. Her choice of soup was the baked potato which she said was good but not exceptional. The salad offerings were very good.

My six ounce hamburger was was served on what appeared to be a homemade bun that was exceptional. I requested to have the sandwich topped with Swiss cheese rather than American and it was not an issue. Both meals were served hot with the meat done perfectly and I am sure both were freshly made patties. The total tab was $19.24, excluding tip, and we left very satisfied this time. We would certainly stop there again.

• Visited September 2013
S.W. Michigan
“Good food, price, service”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Our tour coach stopped here for lunch. 40 people at one time can be a challenge for any kitchen, but was well handled here. My tasty meal took no longer to prepare and serve than if I were the only customer. The better than average salad bar and tasty soup pots were quickly replenished when they ran low. All in our group were well satisfied.

• Visited July 2013
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Little food for the money...”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We were traveling through Nebraska with my children and when I saw "The Kitchen", I thought good home cookin'. Instead it was small portions of decent food that is over priced. The restaurant is clean and the staff was friendly, however, that being said my opinion went down from there as we all walked away hungry. I ordered my son the mini corn dogs off the kids menu...we were charged over $5 (which is high for a kids menu item) and he received 5 mini corn dogs and a prepackaged "flavored" (which wasn't yummy) applesauce (the meal as a whole would have been worth $.40 retail). That would have been enough to fill a 4 year old, but not a 9 year old. The kid was starving when he was finished. So I shared my toast and then ordered a side of fries for him as well (which funny enough cost $.99 and had more to it than his entire meal). My 11 year old wanted fettuccine alfredo off the adult menu which cost us $7.99, and it was a kid portion, she was also still hungry and ate the additional fries as well. Her food and pita bread were yummy, she just didn't get enough to make a meal. I ordered a skillet (thinking I'm getting something like I would at Denny's)...mine was about 1/3 of a portion I would get there or Village Inn and I paid $8.99. Unless you want an overpriced snack, keep driving...

• Visited July 2013