“Not worth a visit”
Review of Red Lion Babcary

Red Lion Babcary
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Lion Babcary is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Babcary
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Red Lion Inn, Babcary - a beautiful thatched country pub in the heart of this unspoilt Somerset village.Pubs have always been at the heart of the local community and The Red Lion is no exception. As well as six en-suite rooms, a flagstoned bar and award winning restaurant, we also have a function room that overlooks a pretty courtyard garden and provides an ideal venue for weddings and parties. We offer a range of catering options and have our own marquee.Our team are handpicked for their personality, professionalism and ability to provide first class customer care. Wherever possible, we use local suppliers so that we can offer our customers fresh, locally sourced produce. Our role in the community is important to us and we take every opportunity to reduce our impact on the environment and our neighbourhood.Conveniently situated five minutes off the A303 and A37 The Red Lion is a perfect stop.
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Inefficient and indifferent service in the restaurant. Food order delivered wrong, poor cooked and meagre portions. No apology given. Room of high quality and a good night's sleep. Overall, would not recommend this overpriced establishment until the poor quality of the reception staff and restaurant are addressed.

Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Brilliant!
My new wife and I rang ahead to see when they stopped serving lunch...
They kept the kitchen open for us, without a grumble...
Our meals were lovely, the staff such a credit... if we could have stayed a night we would!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

A very pretty country pub, well located for the A303. An excellent menu, the food was very well cooked and nicely presented. Very pleasant staff . Well worth a visit.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Red Lion for our anniversary weekend and it was lovely, we arrived on Friday and was warmly welcomed even though the weather was not so warm, our room was beautiful and the food on both night was excellent. Considering there was not a lot in Babcary the restaurant was packed both nights to the point that customers had to be turned away, so I would recommend booking in advance if you are going to stay. We will definitely be going back.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had never heard of the Red Lion in Babcary until I caught sight of a sign on the A303. I thought I would give it a try....after driving seemingly for miles down a very narrow country lane I came across it. The pub looked like it had a recent upgrade with some very smart facilities. When I walked in I was welcomed like a long lost friend by the very friendly staff and customers! I enjoyed two very nice real ales served straight from the barrel....and a very delicious salmon dish....I was included in the conversation from the moment I arrived and would have loved to have stayed longer but alas I didn't have the time. Babcary is a very tiny village but the pub was buzzing with people. I can highly recommend the detour to find it! The nearest main road is the A37...but it can be accessed from West Camel and Sparkford on the A303.

1  Thank Steve M