“Overly expensive, poorly managed - shoulda stayed at the Super8”

Cobblestone Hotel Wayne, NE
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wayne
Nebraska
“Overly expensive, poorly managed - shoulda stayed at the Super8”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Small rooms, smaller bathrooms. The "queen" beds were only full size. Nice bedding but the mattresses were horrible. Poor room design. No remotes for the TV (we were told they were on order- WHAT!?!) Bad front desk service. Very crowded and congested lobby area. We were part of a wedding party...in a block of rooms. We didn't receive the welcome gift bags provided by the bride/groom until checkout. OOPS! Breakfast was okay. The yogurt and frozen bagels worked. The coffee was all gone..two mornings in a row. Next time we will stay at the Super 8 across the parking lot and do a McD's drive thru. The bill will be cheaper and I am sure the service better.

Room Tip: Stay at the Super 8 instead!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank GraceNebraska
Kim B, General Manager at Cobblestone Hotel Wayne, NE, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
We are sorry your stay was not what you expected. We were completely full and do apologize that you were not aware the conference room was open for the wedding guests for breakfast and gift bags were in that area. Thank you for your comments.

GM Wayne Cobblestone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Imperial, Nebraska
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Breakfast was a big disappointment - rubbery eggs and very little selection - but that is my only real complaint. The room was clean and pleasant. The staff was nice and helpful, though it did take much longer than it should have to find someone when I needed to check out. The hotel itself is in a good location, with easy access to town and the college campus. I stayed for a conference, but if I have reason to stay in Wayne again I would stay at Cobblestone. The negatives are far outweighed by the comfy bed and good location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kim B, General Manager at Cobblestone Hotel Wayne, NE, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
We are very sorry there were certain areas that did not meet with your satisfaction. We are also looking forward to your next stay to show you what the Cobblestone is really capable of. Thank you for reminding us to make sure all areas are exactly what each guest should expect.

G M Wayne Cobblestone
Kirksville, Missouri
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Our family enjoyed the stay here. The room was clean and quiet, the staff was friendly and accommodating, and the breakfast wasn't disappointing. Pool, other facilities, and location were fine. Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kim B, Manager at Cobblestone Hotel Wayne, NE, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
I especially enjoyed the kitty winking! Your comments were very enjoyable. It is very gratifying to know that you took the time to uplift the spirits of Staff here at the Cobblestone by letting them know they do a good job. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and Thank You.

Laurel, Nebraska
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is the first time I stayed here and couldn't ask for a better experience. The front desk personnel had very good customer service manners, and the housekeepers did an amazing job at keeping the room cleaned. The staff was very helpful with all our needs. I loved the fact, that there was a fridge and microwave in the room. The breakfast was wonderful and the quality was the same that you would get at a restaurant. My family and I will indeed stay here again. I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone. Thank You Cobblestone for the wonderful experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Kim B, Manager at Cobblestone Hotel Wayne, NE, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. I believe our staff is one of the best and goes above and beyond to meet the guests needs, and make sure our hotel is put in the best possible light. Thank you for your gracious comments.

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Our family really enjoyed our weekend stay. The staff was great and able to answer any and all questions. Our room was very clean and room service was great. We had several options for dining out and the staff was great with giving directions when needed. I would highly recommend staying here for a nice relaxing getaway. If you have stayed here before you know how wonderful it is!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your uplifting comments. we do try hard to meet our guests needs and I am so glad you took the time to tell us how much you enjoyed your stay.

Antioch, Illinois
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Having stayed at the Wayne, Nebraska Cobblestone on several, prior occasions, we had no doubt that this was going to be another pleasant experience. But from the moment we walked in and approached the front desk to check-in, the experience was anything but pleasant. For starters, we were double-booked. And then the "attitude" started. Were we sure that we didn't want two rooms? No! we only wanted ONE room. That took several minutes to fix in their system. Once checked in, we went to our room. Once there, all seemed to be alright. With one exception- the over-sized pillows were a nice touch. The problem being that a significant part of the pillows stuck out of the pillow covers. God only knows what all those pillows had been touching previously, but now they were touching the other pillows as well as the sheets! A call to the front desk revealed that ALL of their over-sized pillows were like that because the hotel didn't HAVE pillow cases that fit. So everybody got to put their faces onto... Well, perhaps you may hazard a guess WHAT the previous guests had rubbing up against it! So we requested smaller pillows. Pillows with full-fitting cases. We should have asked for new sheets, but opted to put clean towels where the pillows would go. Paranoid? No. I'm a microbiologist. And I sure as heck don't want to be sleeping on someone else's microflora! Now for some TV. Well that was just wishful thinking. Maybe the next day will be better. But no. Still no TV. A call to the desk to advise of the problem, but they had no resolution. The front desk gal said she would leave a message for the manager. No manager was on site. OK. So let's get some breakfast. It is after all, after 9AM. More wishful thinking. No coffee. No eggs... Nothing. The metal food warmers were empty. But someone was making waffles. What the heck... You can't go wrong with waffles, right? Wrong! The mix they had for the waffles was so diluted, it was just slightly thicker than milk. Obviously someone was cutting corners to make this stuff go farther. And to add additional insult, the last syrup packet was firmly glued to the bottom of the container. Still no coffee. We've now been there at least a half hour, and there is no one from the hotel to be seen. Time to go to McDonald's for some quasi real food. We returned that evening to find that our smaller pillows had been replaced with the oversized pillows. And yes, they too were sticking out of the pillow cases. While waiting for replacements, we gave the TV another try. Nope! Another call to the front desk. Eventually, the unit began to work and this was without anyone coming to the room. Next morning- a "rerun" of the previous day. This time, in addition to not having coffee, they were serving biscuits and gravy. Or at least that's what the stuff in the warmer looked like. I LOVE biscuits and gravy. But too bad. This stuff was terrible. No wonder there was "food" in the warmer. No one was eating this slop. I wasted two biscuits by pouring that horrible stuff all over them. And I don't EVER waste food. Cobblestone caused me to make the exception. Should you think I am just too particular, keep in mind that this was not my first stay here. Cobblestone has really gone downhill since when it first opened. Granted, this was a holiday weekend, and the place WAS full. But the day we checked out, there were only a handful of cars in the parking lot, and virtually no one at the breakfast area. And in spite of this, there was no hotel staff to be found, nor was the breakfast area being maintained. There is simply no excuse for this. Hopefully for their sake, this was a one time exception.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kim B, Manager at Cobblestone Hotel Wayne, NE, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments about your previous stays. We always strive to make sure our guests experiance is comfortable and restful. I apologize that it was not up to our normal standards this time..
I have no excuses but i do hope an explanation may be helpful. The microwave had broken down and I was making every attempt to quickly cook breakfast by alternate means. My apology to the guests that morning was inadequate at best as we were full and so many had to wait.
The pillows in our hotel are all standard and I apologize if they were not adequate for your comfort and health concerns, We do wash pillows and all bedding including comforters and spreads daily.
All issues have been addressed and again I am sorry that you found your stay less than what a guest experiance should be. Please accept our apologies and I hope your two previous stays will out weigh this one.
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is the second time in the past year that I have stayed here and I must say that my experience was "very good to excellent" both times. My room was clean, well decorated, and had very fresh linens and towels. Comfortable and quiet work for me! Also had a mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee maker . . . of which I did not use. The complimentary breakfast was more than adequate with several choices that should suit any appetite.

Room Tip: No elevator, so a first floor should be requested if appropriate.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Terry H
Kim B, General Manager at Cobblestone Hotel Wayne, NE, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
We so appreciate your taking the time to let others know that we do try to accommodate all guests and make their stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible. I work with an amazing staff who go out of their way to accommodate and meet guests needs . Again thank you for the time you have taken o let us know that.

GM Wayne Cobblestone

Been to Cobblestone Hotel Wayne, NE? Share your experiences!