“Nice Hotel, friendly staff, good value” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Wayne

Super 8 Wayne
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Wayne
Osan South Korea
“Nice Hotel, friendly staff, good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

Of course a Super 8 is not the top of the top, but was a very nice choice for us. Staff was very friendly and the room was certainly worth the price we paid.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Anita L, Manager at Super 8 Wayne, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you so much for providing a review for our property. We appreciate all feedback. I am glad to see that you had a postiive experience and we hope to have you stay with us again in the future.

Respectfully,
Anita L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

We were in town briefly for one night for a wedding. We did not spend much time in the hotel.

If this hotel was in a bigger city, I probably would give it a bad review. However in the small town with out many other options, I guess it was okay.

I do not have anything to brag about from my stay here, but I guess I really do not have any complaints either. It was a bare bones facility, and a place to rest our heads, that is about it. If I was in town for a longer stay, or if I expected to spend much time in my room, I would probably just drive to neighboring Norfolk NE to stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Anita L, Manager at Super 8 Wayne, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to give our location a review. As you stated, we are located in a small town without a lot of thrills and frills. We strive to offer Clean Rooms, Friendly Service and a Great Value for our guests. We hope that we have earned a return visit from you in the future.

Safe Travels,
Anita L - General Manager
cottonwood mn
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

I stayed in Wayne on a business trip. THe internet was down, which I needed to use so I could communicate with my clients that I had to see the next day. THe worker on duty was very pleasant, however stated would not be looked at until the next day. She was gracious enough to let me use her office computer, which was hard wired to make one email. While I was doing that a gentleman from another room came down to the reception area with a glass full of bugs, which he stated were crawling around in his room.

I would have moved to a different hotel, however none available for that evening. I see a new one going up near Super 8, but not open yet.

Perhaps I should have asked for a lowered rate, since i paid for services that I needed, but did not receive. But oh well, I j ust wanted to move on and chalk it up for experience.

On check out the receptionist was grumpy cause I had used an online service to book my room and the receipt she gave me was less than what I paid, said that is what they get paid from the online company and just deal with it.

I might add that this is the first time I have written a review for any hotel and am usually easy to please with any effort, however I would never again stay at this hotel

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank raymond l
Lucia S, Manager at Super 8 Wayne, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete this review in regards to your recent stay with us. I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for not providing you with the quality and service that you deserve. I know how frustrating it must have been to not have the wireless internet available as you expected when booking your room. We strive to provide quality accommodations and excellent service so we take any incident at our property very seriously. I have followed up with all of your concerns and comments with the entire staff, ensuring they understand how unacceptable this type of service is.

I would like the opportunity to correct our mistakes and provide you with the service that you should have received. Please contact me directly at 402-375-4898 to discuss your experience further. It is our goal to ensure all our guests leave our hotel happy, and we truly hope you will give us another chance to earn your business in the future.

Thank you again for your feedback and once again please accept my apologies for the unpleasant experience you had at our hotel. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

P: 402-375-4898
Nebraska USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2010

I needed to spend the night in Wayne for business and had stayed in this Super 8 appx 7 yrs ago when it was new. This time, the hallway and my (non-smoking) room reeked heavily of cigarette smoke (it is illegal to smoke in NE in public places now). The smell was made worse when I turned on the bathroom fan to try to mask the noise from the rooms next door and upstairs. Woke up with a headache from the smell. To top it off,when I tried to check out the next morning, I had to wait 10 minutes for a clerk to show up... a sign said to call a number on the phone if they were not there and I called it repeatedly to no avail. From what I read, this is the best hotel in town but, next time, I think I'll stay at some of the great hotels in Norfolk (30 mi away) and drive into Wayne. Very disappointed!! It DID have wireless though, so all was not lost.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank brendannebraska
CarolMakoui, General Manager at Super 8 Wayne, responded to this review, November 29, 2010
I deeply regret your dissatisfaction with your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to provide award winning service and it is apparent that we did not provide that to you. The feedback that you provided is appreciated because we know it will only make us better.

I do apologize that you were inconvenienced by the noise, odor and the front desk. We take steps to ensure that we address any noise issues that arise, our smoking rooms are separate from the non smoking rooms and that our desk staff is available to help all of our guests immediately.

We hope that you will give us an opportunity to impress you in the future. Please call me if and when your travels bring you back to the area.
Lincoln, NE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2009

My stay was relaxing. When you stay in a bigger town, you pay more and it's more hectic. Some of the rates in the motels in the large towns are getting out of hand. I'm not interested in paying close to $100.00 a night for a motel room. Here in Wayne, the price is reasonable. On one side of the motel, you have McDonalds, and on the other side of the motel, you have Pizza Hut.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2009

We stayed in this hotel 2 nights for a wedding we were attending. When we first walked into our room there were 2 bugs crawling across the far wall and the room smelled musty. We immediately asked if we could have a different room. The front desk clerk was very nice and apologetic and continued to tell us they had just sprayed AGAIN for bugs and that may be the reason for the bugs "coming out." We got into our new room, which stil had that musty smell. We had lots of family also staying in this hotel and I guess all the rooms smelled that way. Once you turn on the A/C it kind of goes away, but the A/C was very old and would make a loud noise about every 20 minutes when it would try and kick in. The room never did get as cool as it should have - thank goodness the weather was nice and we were able to open our window at times - although the screen had a big gap in it so we had to use a towel to close the gap. As we mingled between rooms of different relatives - the guys would kill bugs on the walls in the hall way. If there was another decent hotel in town we would have gone there in a heartbeat. But unfortunately, there are not too many options in that area and other places were booked because of this wedding. The breakfast in the morning was less than desirable and with all the bugs crawling around we were hesitant to eat it anyway - thank goodness for the McDonalds right next door. Needless to say, I was VERY disappointed in this Super 8 - it definitely does not meet the standards of other Super 8 hotels we have stayed in. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank wagsvaca
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2008

Had to stay in Wayne for a family funeral. They seem to have very few non-smoking rooms so I had to stay in a smoking room (not their fault, of course) But that was the beginning of the problems. I turned on the air conditioning to try to get rid of some of the smoke smell, then left. When I returned to the room there was an overwhelming smell of mold and mildew which was much, much worse than the smoke smell. When I turned it off the smell abated somewhat but it was still very unpleasant. Additionally, I dropped something that rolled under the bed and when I looked underneath it was nauseating. It looked as if a vacuum hadn't been under there for several years. I am typically not super-fussy about these things, but this was gross.

On the positive, they had a nice continental breakfast in the morning. The staff was cordial and the location is good. From what I understand this might be the best motel in town but I don't have anything to compare. There is a nice walking trail behind the hotel/volunteer fire department that is very picturesque.

If you want to stay here and a clean room is important to you, I suggest that you check out the room first (turn on the a/c, observe the cleanliness of the room). I don't know how many other choices there are in town.

• Liked — staff was pleasant, nice continental breakfast
  • Disliked — cleanliness of the rooms
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo