“Facilities and personel leave a lot to be desired”
Review of Two Rivers SRA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waterloo
Two Rivers SRA
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We arived friday at noon with our camper and were told our site was still in use by someone else from thursday night. Drove around and was not so we sat up. Restrooms were dirty and worn out. No close place for access to river. Overall poor layout for a campground with such a nice area

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank 1976dky

Reviewed July 28, 2010

We visited the park to spend a few nights in one of the cabooses. We knew the kids would be thrilled and we were excited about it as well. The idea is nice, but these places need some work.
I have no issues with rustic, but dirty is another issue. It was clear that the floors had been swept but not washed for sometime. My son's pajama feet were dark gray after walking around for a few minutes. There was dirt in the shower and urine behind the toilet. I took photos and have posted these. If I'm going to mark someplace down on cleanliness, I want to make certain others can see why.
We had a storm and the caboose leaked a large amount of water.
The park advertises that there are microwaves in the units, but none of them have one.
We discussed all of these issues with the staff, and they were indifferent: "It's hard to get sand out of the shower, we haven't had time to take the microwave off of the wesbite, etc".
The bunk bed mattresses are small and are not twin size. They offer little support. If you have back issues than you may want to think about bringing an air mattress.
My boys rode the bikes that the park rents, and they need some TLC as well. Many had flat tires and were rusty.
I'm sure it's listed someplace on their website, but there are some additional fees we had to pay. There is a $7 something reservation fee and then you have to purchase a parking permit for each car that you bring into the park. I believe that it was $4/night.
The park has a small beach which we drove by but did not swim in. There is a playground within walking distance to the cabooses, which has a few swings and a slide. The main activity is fishing.
We made our way into Omaha to visit local attractions. It took us about 30-40 mins to reach downtown.
I'm giving this a "no" for recommendations because you have to stay two nights. One night and I would say give it a whirl if you had a child who was gung ho about trains. Two nights? I don't think so. $80 something a night for a place that provides nothing but a dirty caboose is a little much.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
8  Thank Amy P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterloo
Hampton Inn Omaha West - Lakeside
Home2 Suites by Hilton Omaha West
Staybridge Suites Omaha West
Days Inn & Suites Omaha NE
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha West

Been to Two Rivers SRA? Share your experiences!