“Friendly, Pleasant and Clean”
Review of Motel Raine

Motel Raine
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Valentine
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We rolled in to town on our way back home and as usual we scouted the area for our hotel options. This place offered the best price and had the nicest rooms per $. The rooms aren't glorious, but they were clean and comfortable.

The staff was awesome. We got there pretty late and the workers/family was just hanging out in the restaurant. The guy fired up the grill specially for us and cooked us one of the best steaks we've ever had. Everyone was really friendly, making us feel welcome right away. Being the only "outsiders" in a restaurant can feel pretty awkward sometimes, but they made us feel like a part of the gang joking around with us and always stopping to include us in any conversation.

We ended up staying in the restaurant just chatting for a couple hours, which is rare for my wife and I.

If I was ever back in that little town, I'd seek out this place first.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Tim and staff made our experience very memorable. We were stranded by car trouble and the entire staff did everything to make our stay enjoyable. We were treated like family and every staff member we came in contact with tried to help us with hospitality and suggestions for eating and sites to see. The have some great suggestions including activities and history of the area. Tim made it possible for us to visit local sites while we waited for our vehicle to get repaired.

Great upscale bar and restaurant. The ribs were delicious and I would highly recommend trying them.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

My two adult sons and I stayed one night at Motel Raine. We were on the road after a great vacation in South Dakota and needed to stop and recharge before continuing our trip home. When I called to make the reservation, I was pleased to speak with someone who sounded friendly and excited to have our business. I was also appreciative of the fact that when I mentioned there were three adults, she offered the room with three queen beds. It's always refreshing to talk to someone who knows the property inside and out. Sometimes when making a reservation I will ask questions about certain features of a room. It's disconcerting to be told. "I don't know." This experience was the opposite. The room was spacious and clean. It was not fancy but had everything we needed: ac that worked, flat screen tv, fridge and microwave, and three very comfortable beds. The bathroom was dated with pale green tile but it was very large, very clean, and very convenient for my son who uses a walker. There is a restaurant and bar on the property and we had a delicious meal out on the patio. The waitresses were very friendly and accommodating even though they were taking care of a large group hosting a birthday party in addition to restaurant patrons. This is a park -
-in-front of the room motel and I have come to realize there are perks to that. No traipsing down long halls or taking a long walk to retrieve something forgotten in the car. We had a peaceful, comfortable evening at Motel Raine and would stay there again with no hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Fraublucher60
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Easy to find, excellent place to dine. It's an older style, but it's a must if you want to stay a while. And true to its name, the night we stayed, well it rained! The room was updated, but the bathroom a bit outdated. However both very clean, and the owners far from mean. Our steaks were cooked to perfection, our waitress , the nicest in the Sioux Nation! Without a doubt, this small-town Nebraska jewel is a place to check out!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Conveniently located to many activities in the area. The room was a little outdated, but large, clean, and comfortable. No pol, but a very nice restaurant where they smoke their own meats, and a beautiful bar and lounge. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Free WiFi.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Could not be happier with our choice here in Valentine. Very clean rooms! Big screen TV in my room. (105) Large bathroom that is very clean. Great towels! Check in was effortless. Very accommodating. The price is excellent for the rooms! Updated beds, liens, and covers!

Had dinner right here at motel. Best steak in a long time. Also a busy little local bar at motel. Makes it nice if you just want to park, eat, drink and not drive.

Owners are AMERICAN and the pride they show in their motel is evident! Grew up local! You can't go wrong staying here. VERY biker friendly! Added this motel to my favorites in my GPS!

Order the ribeye!

Room Tip: We were main street side, still can't hear traffic!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank HarleyJetDriver
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Tim and Dana are excellent hosts and made us feel right at home. They are very accommodating, even arranging a shaded place to park our dog-occupied van while we were out touring on our trike. Had one of the best steaks ever at the Neon Grill there. room was ample, but gotta say - - - the bed was a little hard. We'll stay there any chance we get

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple