“Not the normal Budget Host Inn.”
Review of Budget Host Inn

Budget Host Inn
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed there during August 2013. We have stayed in a number of the Budget Host Inn motels during our tour of the United States and usually got good value for money. First impression was not too bad when we looked at the room before taking it. Only after we have paid and off loaded the gremlins started to appear. Around the tap in the wash basin it was very dirty. The microwave was not cleaned after the last use, the fridge had some tomato juice stains on the outside and the blankets looked as if it had seen better days with cigarette burn holes in several places. The blankets were also one size too small for the beds. There was no telephone, glasses, ice bucket or remote for the TV. The paint was off on several places and someone tested a white paint brush on the green wall. Painters were busy working on the outside so I believe the place is getting a make over. And boy is it about time. This is by far the worst motel we have stayed in in more than 35 different units we occupied over the last 5 weeks. Despite a good price, I can not recommend this motel. It really is in dire need of a complete make over and some managerial improvement. Old is one thing but dirty is something that can be managed.

Room Tip: I don't think any room will be good until the make over is completed.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarie V

Reviewed July 18, 2013

My family and I had traveled several thousand miles this summer and decided to stay here at the Budget Host Inn because we found it on the Orbitz App and it was really cheap and off the interstate, it was getting late so we decided to go ahead and do it.

My fiance' and I got a room before the rest of the family (4 rooms in total) and it was kind of dirty and old, but was fairly clean the toilet was a little dingy and the air barely worked, but whatever I'm not picky.

Then I get a text saying "WE ARE NOT STAYING HERE" and I wondered, what ever could have happened, the rooms were decent. So I go to look and in my uncles room, which the man had said was the "best room in the place" had like, plaster all over the floor, it was a two bed but one of the beds didn't have a mattress on it, all of the mattresses (three, how did three mattresses get in there?) were stacked on one bed with NO SHEETS or nothing, the other room was filthy and hadn't been cleaned and the bed was messed up like someone had just got done sleeping there.

The manager was REALLY nice and offered to get us better rooms and everything, but we couldn't stay. The rooms were comically bad, but the room I had wasn't bad at all and was worth the low price, but just keep going, it's in such a bad neighborhood the tv's are bolted down so people can't steal them. There's a Winnavegas just off the interstate past Sioux City, just go there it was decent and cheap.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank JNorth0
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I had a college friend book this motel when she was stopping by for a quick visit while on business in the area. I didn't know where she'd booked a room until she called to let me know she'd arrived. The Budget Host Hotel is right the main avenue in South Sioux City. It isn't the best neighborhood to begin with but once you see the rooms and the property itself, it really does fit right in.

The pictures seem to have been taken elsewhere as the place looks nothing like the photos. The few of the grounds bear slight resemblance on a good day.

This hotel has recently been in the news due to complaints about crime in the area. (including crime on the hotel premises) Some of the crimes have been serious including stabbings.

If you google "budget host hotel south sioux city" you will see links to several news stories.

Don't stay here! Really, just don't.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank IowaLakeGirl78
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Be careful if you stay here. Usually, Budget Host Inns are OK, but this one may have changed managers or ownership. The room was OK, but we did not notice until after we had already unloaded our stuff that the bathroom had not been cleaned. It was filthy. The manager was nice and did give us fresh towels. He was friendly, gave good directions, and had plenty of ice. The bed was comfortable and the A/C worked OK. Apparently, the maids don't clean the bathrooms!

Room Tip: Be sure to check the room and bathroom BEFORE taking it.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChuckBrooks
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Such a bad experience! I actually stayed in multiple rooms because of an attempt for the manager to ease the troubles he had put me through... In every room it was the same thing. Mold all over, missing door handle to the bathroom like other person said! No toilet paper and dirty hand prints all over the walls! The AC barely worked and the television had lines and marker all over the screen which made that impossible to enjoy. There were absolutely NO safety devices so I'm positive that this motel does not abide by regulations (no smoke alarms/sprinklers/fire extinguishers). The manager was a joke... So rude and refused to give me my money back after I even found BED BUGS! The absolute worst customer service I have ever recieved! Worst part is, there is not way to contact a corporate office! I would never, ever in a million years recommend this motel to anyone!

Room Tip: No matter what, even if this is your only choice... Sleeping in your car is better!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathryn S
Reviewed June 20, 2012

The previos review was right. This is the worst motel I have ever stayed in. It was dirty. Mold on the bathroom cieling. No bathroom doorknob It was taped with duct tape. There was no cold handle in the bath tub. Dirty towel in the bathroom. No toilet paper holder. It was already late so we stayed and made the best of it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank eirann3
Reviewed May 9, 2011

traveled to attend a high school graduation in winnabago. just needed a place to sleep one night. with high gas prices. wanted to save what i could on the rooms. got 2 king, 31 in tv,free breakfast. for $ 48.00 w/ tax per room. what a deal ! well no it wasnt. no english. no 31 in tv. no free breakfast. dirty rooms. no iron. no hair dryer. 1 towel. dirty carpet, bad pillows & beds. not even a coffee pot ! my advise is to step up another $ 20.00 to alittle better place if you want something cheap. like knights inn or americas best value inns. just dont stay here. its a dirty motel. not a hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Sioux City
Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Center
Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Ce...
#1 of 6 in South Sioux City
Hilton Garden Inn Sioux City Riverfront
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Sioux City
Americas Best Value Inn- South Sioux City
Americas Best Value Inn- South S...
#2 of 6 in South Sioux City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dakota Dunes
Holiday Inn Sioux City
Holiday Inn Sioux City
#13 of 19 in Sioux City

Been to Budget Host Inn? Share your experiences!