“Clean hotel, disappointed with service”

Americas Best Value Inn- South Sioux City
indy
“Clean hotel, disappointed with service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Hotel is in a very convenient location. Rooms were small, but very clean. Breakfast was nice and the area was vy clean. We did have problem. I left a pair of sandals and called later, same day as check out and never recv a return call. If employees will keep a pair of sandals, don't plan on getting anything of value returned if you forgot something in room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
liverpool95, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- South Sioux City, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Lisa,

I am so very sorry that you had difficulty with your lost item. Due to a death in my immediate family I was not at the property when this occured. Our policy is to lock up any items found immediatley which is what happened on the day you checked out. The desk clerk was filling in at the time and did not pass along the message. If you would like to call me at the hotel I can arrange to get them to you and also apologize in person for the inconvenience.

AnneGrohs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Grand Junction, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

No real complaint about the room or facility for the normal reasons, but was kept awake by what certainly sounded like a mouse or larger relative munching away in the wall - I tried best to explain it away otherwise, but it was intermittent, and had all the auditory qualities of a critter doing his thing....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Robert W
liverpool95, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- South Sioux City, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Sir,
I am so sorry that your experience at our hotel was not 100%. We strive to make sure each guest has the best stay possible. I thank you for your review and I believe we found the source of your concerns and his name is midnight, a black kitten that a guest had not told us about and was in the room next to yours. At our property we do allow pets but only allow cats in a few rooms. We had everything else checked out by proffesionals and that is the only reason they could give me for the noise. It seems he used a spot on the wall for scratching. Please feel free to call me at the hotel at any time with any concerns and I would love to visit with you about your stay. I sincerely hope that we see you in the future.

Anne GM
markedtree
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

the service was great. the girls at the front were very friendly and the price is great. I have stayed there for about five years sometimes as many as twenty nights a year.Some years there may be four or five of us staying there together. looking forword to october when I get to come back. Have a great day . Micky Ashby

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
liverpool95, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- South Sioux City, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Micky,

Thank you so much for your great review!! We really appreciate it. You know we love to have you come back to your home away from home. Looking forward to seeing you in October. Have a great summer and we will see you soon.

Anne Grohs
GM
Jonesboro, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

The service is always very good when i have stayed there. Room service is always done everyday and nice and neat. The people that work there are very polite and helpful if i have any questions. The breakfast is really good that they put out. And the rates are affortable .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
liverpool95, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- South Sioux City, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! It is really appreciated. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to seeing you in the future.

Anne Grohs
GM and all of the staff at ABVI
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was a wonderful deal; I don't know how they can have quiet well maintained rooms -- clean and safe -- AND at this price? I travel a lot and this has been my best value-for-the-money in a hotel in years. I'm hoping I come back to South Sioux City just so I can stay here again. Ladies behind the desk were very nice and extremely helpful in a variety of situations. My only drawback: I'd've put more lighting over the sink for makeup application. At this price??? Extraordinary.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Ruth M
liverpool95, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- South Sioux City, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We would like to thank you for your business and also for your review it is very much appreciated. We look forward to seeing you in the future,

Staff and Management of ABVI
Vermillion, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We enjoy staying at Americas Best Value Inn because we like the room and the location is perfect for us. The front desk are always helpful to guide us to some local restaurants and the manager is amazing!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
liverpool95, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- South Sioux City, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for your review, we really do appreciate it. Hope to see you again soon!!
Cookeville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

It is very difficult while traveling across country with two vans and ten people to find good lodging at a reasonable price, not knowing exactly where you will want to stop for the evening. We always deferred to Trip Advisor to guide our decisions. We would like to thank Renee for reserving us 5 rooms. We found this facility to be an excellent motel. The rooms were very clean, the beds comfortable and the continental breakfast a great way to start the day. We did not have one complaint. Thank you again, Renee.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank WeenjoytravelingUSA
liverpool95, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- South Sioux City, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for your review, I am very pleased that Renee was able to take care of you. I will make sure that she sees your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the future.

Anne
GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Sioux City
Super 8 Sioux City South
Super 8 Sioux City South
#6 of 19 in Sioux City
Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Center
Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Ce...
#1 of 5 in South Sioux City
Hilton Garden Inn Sioux City Riverfront
Days Inn North Sioux City
Days Inn North Sioux City
#4 of 4 in North Sioux City

Been to Americas Best Value Inn- South Sioux City? Share your experiences!